Got gt500 axle back coming

TRDon

Established Member
I guess it is an after Christmas present to myself, but I called tousleyfordpartsdepot and was told a little under 500 for the pair. I was thinking it would be cheaper considering people say they are a budget muffler. There are cheaper aftermarket ones, but I digress.

It is really tough to tell on YouTube depending on speakers, camera mic ect, but how are they? I wanted louder than stock on my boss, good deep rumble, no crackle, no popping, I like the stock muffler, just want it louder. I will also do some playing with the baffle as in take it out just to see but more than likely make a block off plate for it if I get better mufflers.

Install is direct replacement I haven read, so about 30 min I am thinking, didn't want a tune, so good there, and if I have warranty issues, I won't have to replace it because it look physically the same as stock too.

Enough rambling, I guess I am just talking myself into it I guess, any thoughts?

5lho

Established Member
Well....they do sound good, though. It's a "mature" choice, imho. Loud enough so as to be heard, no annoying side effects or unwanted attention from the local constabulary. To me they are the perfect choice for this car.

I did get them for ~$260 as well, brand new. They aren't a cheapo muffler; they are stainless and they are OEM fitment quality. The reason some of the aftermarket stuff goes cheaper full retail is they don't have to meet OEM standards for durability and fitment. Ford's expected to put a muffler on any car it makes that'll last a good 100,000 miles, just like any other oem these days.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Wrong gt500s
They make two sets:
Borla gt500 -$500

Factory gt500- $280 shipped

TRDon

Established Member
From their site:

M-5230-MGTCA1 $269.50
2011 MUSTANG GT - SVT MUFFLER KIT (50 STATE)

They wanted to charge you how much?!?

Your part number does not recognize any part on their site, you have a link by chance? I was told 240 each side, but to his credit, I was told Steve was off today and was directed to someone else. I figured for a direct replacement part, it would be no problem :shrug:

TRDon

Established Member
Im sure hes talking about the quad set up right? Match them with an off road h btw.

Incorrect, this was for a 2011-12 direct replacement muffler.

Help me out guys so I can get this straightened out with Steve tomorrow please. :(

TRDon

Established Member
So whats the problem?

Their quote is higher than online price, the part number for the online price does not come up for me, the problem is lack of clear communication because I didn't talk to Steve, apparently. I would like a part number I can plug in to their site, confirm pricing and talk with Steve about it and get the correct part numbers for the kit so I can order that instead of 2 separate parts for twice as much.

TRDon

Established Member
I am seeing on American muscles website that the gt500 mufflers for the pair are 310 shipped, something is off.

FiveSpeed

Established Member
Incorrect, this was for a 2011-12 direct replacement muffler.

Help me out guys so I can get this straightened out with Steve tomorrow please. :(

It appears you're trying purchasing through Tousley's catalog and not someone elses (AM, Latemodelresto, etc)? The part number above is for this -

Ford Racing Mustang GT Axle Back Exhaust (11-13) M-5230-MGTCA1 at LRS - Free Shipping!

Which is also what I have been running for 22k miles.

Edit: You need to look in the Ford Racing Performance Parts section. They are currently on sale for the $269.50 as stated earlier. Fourth muffler set down the list

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/par...atalogid=5684&siteid=214771&categoryID=171921

Last edited:

TRDon

Established Member
:rockon:
It appears you're trying purchasing through Tousley's catalog and not someone elses (AM, Latemodelresto, etc)? The part number above is for this -

Ford Racing Mustang GT Axle Back Exhaust (11-13) M-5230-MGTCA1 at LRS - Free Shipping!

Which is also what I have been running for 22k miles.

Edit: You need to look in the Ford Racing Performance Parts section. They are currently on sale for the $269.50 as stated earlier. Fourth muffler set down the list

Tousley Ford Parts Depot
Boom, that's what I need, thanks a ton, and good info btw too. I wouldn't think there would be 2 different areas to check a ford part number. Mike is gone for the day, but I will straighten it out with Steve tomorrow. You guys work quick, thanks :beer:

TRDon

Established Member
I was quoted for the factory gt500 muffler as individuals, not as the frpp package. If I'm goi g to go to Steve tomorrow and tell him someone screwed up on ordering in their end, I better be right, and have numbers to back it up. I took your post seriously, but it was essentially worthless without the information I needed to talk to him.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When you get them do this, buy a can of high heat flat black paint and paint them all but the tips , it looks awesome, you don't see the big silver muffler hang when you look at it from the back, just the 4 inch tips is what you see!

TRDon

Established Member
When you get them do this, buy a can of high heat flat black paint and paint them all but the tips , it looks awesome, you don't see the big silver muffler hang when you look at it from the back, just the 4 inch tips is what you see!

I like this thought:banana: I just may do that, thanks for the idea. This is my first mod, and it is down for the winter here in mn. I got 327 miles on it, it's making for a long winter.

Users who are viewing this thread