photoshopped out the tag holes on this one :p
mar14065.jpg

mar14068.jpg

mar14069.jpg

mar14072.jpg

:thumbsup:

ralphy1798

Established Member
did you do it yourself?? WHere did you take it if not??? i need to take mine in b/c the dealer put scratches in it they cant fix. They gave me a voucher for a pro detail job...

I am thinking just a body shop...

Juiced-03

Established Member
Hey looks great! Do you know what products your detailer used? I am a detailer myself so it's always a curiosity to me lol

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Looks good cydewaze...I love that color!

Juiced-03...what's your opinion of the new meguiars nxt stuff? I'm in the middle of waxing and detailing mine right now. I'm very, very impressed with this stuff. :beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Racerat,,,,I am very impressed you mentioned the NXT! It is a VERY nice product indeed. Especially one that can be found at any local autoparts store. It has great swirl fillers. The only thing I didnt really like about it is the slickness seems to wear off very quick so I am worried about the durability. It seems to work great on darker colors. Makes them look warmer and deeper. But even if the durability of NXT isn't long, it is a very easy product to apply, so slapping on a coat every couple months wouldnt be a big deal to most people. But for people who detail their cars every 6months or longer may want to use a different product.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Is meguiars NXT the new stuff thats supposed to rival Zaino? I heard it was coming out, and its time to redetail, trying to decide if I should stick with the meguiars 27 and 9 (think i got the #'s right), try Zaino or go with the NXT.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I would stick with Zaino if you already have it. I dont believe NXT will even come close to the durability to Zaino, and I really dislike Zaino with all my heart. I believe NXT has a better wet look than Zaino though. But if you want to durability, stay with Zaino. If you want a better look and dont mind detailing more often, you may want to try NXT.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by DSG03Snake
Is meguiars NXT the new stuff thats supposed to rival Zaino? I heard it was coming out, and its time to redetail, trying to decide if I should stick with the meguiars 27 and 9 (think i got the #'s right), try Zaino or go with the NXT.
I've been a meguiars user for a long time...love their products. I've used about 4 orders worth of Zaino stuff over the last 3 years on my 99 and 03. Zaino is a good product...but a PITA to keep in stock and if you don't let it dry long enough you're screwed on that application.
This is the first I've used the NXT and it's good...real good. It really is filling in the swirls! It's removing water spots and it's going on and coming off very easily. The paint looks very wet and shiny.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Juiced I dont having to reapply, in fact I prefer to do it once a month just to keep her shiny and protected (live on a horrible country road).

RiceDaddy

Established Member
I slapped on a coat of NXT last weekend and was pretty impressed. However, it doesn't bead well enough for me. So on the advice of some over at autopia-carcare.com, I slapped on a coast of Meguire's #16 paste wax this weekend. This will be my new combo for a while. The #16 really made the car pop. It seemed to give it a much deeper shine than just the NXT. BTW, #16 has no cleaners so it goes right over the top of NXT without removing it. It also beads like a MF.
:thumbsup:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I got my car done by a guy I ran into on a local car forum for my area. He gave me a HUEUEUEUEGE discount too :thumbsup:

As for what he used, I'm not sure, but I do know that it feels like wet ice if you run your finger along it. He also said it should hold up for 4-6 months of normal use and care.

It was a hell of a deal. He had the car from 8:30am to 4:30pm, and when I got it back it was clean EVERYWHERE, even the door jams and fenderwells. The interior looks fantastic too. It's definitely better than when I picked it up at the dealer when I bought it.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
hey juiced, what do you have to say about www.thewaxshop.com products. I have used them for a very long time and I'm very happy with every single product they have. I think they are better than mothers and meguirs by far. What are your comments on them:shrug:

Juiced-03

Established Member
The Wax Shop products are OK. I have used their spray detailer quite a bit because it is cheap and readily available. Though I do prefer Meguiars spray detailer MUCH better. I used their wax on my friend's S10 and we were not impressed at all with the results. If you are happy with the products, stick with them by all means! I have tried almost everything on the market and have my own preferences like everyone else. I am a firm believer that anything is better than nothing!

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Update: It rained this morning, and I noticed something unusual. When I waxed it myself a few weeks ago with some Meguiars Deep Crystal wax, when it rainwed it would bead with these huge nickel-sized beads of water. With this new stuff my detailer used (haven't spoken to him yet, so I dunno what it is) the beads are MUCH smaller. Maybe pea-sized, if that. But when they roll off the car they don't seem to leave a trace. It's pretty cool. We'll see what it looks like when the rain stops and all the road dirt has been splashed up onto it.

hedstrosity

take the BLUE pill :)
Established Member
hey juiced how much do you charge for a full clay bar / polish / wax? do you do it by hand, or porter cable?
im in serious need of a good detail to get all the the swirl marks off my black car.
do you travel, or would i need to come to you?
let me know man
[email protected]
i would like to do this pretty soon :-D
chris

Users who are viewing this thread