Got her dynoed yesterday...

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Well I got the truck dynoed yesterday evening to get some baseline numbers before I get my 4lb pulley and tune installed. I had the dyno done at SS Performance in Tallahassee Florida on their all wheel drive Mustang Dyno. I did three pulls and my horsepower and torque numbers went up every pull. On the first pull the dyno lines were kind of ragged, but they smoothed out on the next two pulls. I had a lot of carbon blow out on the first pull (I don’t get on it very often around town), but the next two were clean. My final numbers where 378rwhp and 444rwtq. The truck is basically stock; I have SCT’s 93 octane tune, Magnaflow Catback, and drop in Airraid filter. SCT’s 93 octane tune probably gave me around 22hp and 17ft-lbs considering what I have seen what these things put out stock. I figure I should be able to get over 400rwhp and 500rwtq with a 4lb lower pulley and good tune. That’s my goal right now. Dyno sheet a pics below.

Lightningdyno5.jpg

Lightningdyno3.jpg

Lightningdyno1.jpg

image001.png

image004.jpg

image006.jpg

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Not bad numbers at all. Do you know if it was SAE, STD, or uncorrected numbers? yeah usually the first pull it to clean it all out and then you make more on the second and sometimes 3rd pull. for the smoothing out, they can select that. Might have had it at a 1 or 2 and then put it at a 5 to smooth out the graph. I usually ask them what they smoothing they put it too. With a 4lb...i would go 6lb...you'll def be at or over 400rwhp.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
About what I pulled the last time I dyno'd (2005?), with basically the same mods (Magnaflow, open cone filter, Superchips reflash). I've always felt mine was "hot out of the box", looks like yours is too.

I've always thought a 4lb and supporting mods would get anyone to 400+whp... But it's a good reliable number to be at for a street truck.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
About what I pulled the last time I dyno'd (2005?), with basically the same mods (Magnaflow, open cone filter, Superchips reflash). I've always felt mine was "hot out of the box", looks like yours is too.

I've always thought a 4lb and supporting mods would get anyone to 400+whp... But it's a good reliable number to be at for a street truck.

Yep, I just want to keep everything safe and put out a few more horses.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Not bad numbers at all. Do you know if it was SAE, STD, or uncorrected numbers? yeah usually the first pull it to clean it all out and then you make more on the second and sometimes 3rd pull. for the smoothing out, they can select that. Might have had it at a 1 or 2 and then put it at a 5 to smooth out the graph. I usually ask them what they smoothing they put it too. With a 4lb...i would go 6lb...you'll def be at or over 400rwhp.

Don't want to risk a 6lb, I think I can do it with a 4lb. I think he said the numbers were my actual numbers.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
That's cool. Usually STD SAE and uncorrected can give you higher or lower numbers. Most use SAE. Mustang dynos...ehhhh...they can be good and bad.
6lb lower definitley wont be risking anything. Usually the mods for 400rwhp/500rwtq is 6lb lower and tune. But with your numbers, and go back to the same dyno, I bet you will be there or close wth the 4lb.
Also it depends on your timing, fuel, temps, and dyno you are on. You could use the dyno here where i live and put down 10rwhp and 10rwtq less.
But great numbers to start with.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
good numbers for a almost stock L..

4lb w/ TR6 plugs, CAI, remove cats, ported s/c, tb, plenum and tune you could see about 425/520

FWIW my buddy down in Hudson just had his 01 dynod with just a 4lb, drop in, sct tune and put down 386/464. just a lil comparison in the direction you are headed, even tho all trucks wont read the same. just a visual image for ya

Last edited:

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
good numbers for a almost stock L..

4lb w/ TR6 plugs, CAI, remove cats, ported s/c, tb, plenum and tune you could see about 425/520

FWIW my buddy down in Hudson just had his 01 dynod with just a 4lb, drop in, sct tune and put down 386/464. just a lil comparison in the direction you are headed, even tho all trucks wont read the same. just a visual image for ya

Good point. I might have to give the 6lb some thought. I guess without a good tune you can blow her up just as easy with 4lb as with a 6lb. I dang sure don't want to have to pay for two dyno tunes if I don't make it with the 4lb.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
You need some t-bars, ds loop and some sticky tires first and see what it'll run. Ryan goes to SGMP about once a month and you could tag along with him. Great numbers for stock. Oh and I have a set of truk track slappers I'll sell you.

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
Nice numbers for what you got. Good to see someone else in Tallahassee also. See you around when we bring the truck out to the local gatherings/events

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
You need some t-bars, ds loop and some sticky tires first and see what it'll run. Ryan goes to SGMP about once a month and you could tag along with him. Great numbers for stock. Oh and I have a set of truk track slappers I'll sell you.

Yeah I talked to Ryan about going to the track with them. Hey, Ryan mentioned your truck to me when he was dynoing mine. He said that he had dynoed another "L" owned by Fishin-nole. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread