Got hit, got the ticket too

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
Okay, so I was driving around one night, thankfully not in my SVT Contour or my 54 Ford F100 street rod, and came up to a stop sign. I paused for a few moments, and looked to see if anybody was coming, I couldn't see anybody coming...so I crept up a little bit farther. As I did this, I noticed someone coming in the junction, so I stopped, since I was not in the intersection yet anyway, to let the through traffic go. Evidently the person coming up behind me thought I was going and didn't apply the correct amount of brake to stop in time. I got hit, and got a ticket for "failure to obey a stop sign" although I was stopped at the stop sign. I fought the ticket and the officer said that I had used reverse to back up out of the intersection. I had witnesses to say that I was in NO WAY backing up or in the intersection enough to cause an accident, and I still go the ticket.

Could someone please explain to me why I got hit, got the ticket, and it was my fault.

An unrelated matter, but I am trying to figure this out as well, I was going 56 in a 55, and got a speeding ticket on a bright sunny day by the same officer, when someone had just passed me and was pulling away...could someone explain that to me as well if possible, because I am dumbfounded.:shrug:

Thank you guys and gals in advance!

96 myztic

Established Member
depending on what state u are in any speed within 10% over the speed limit, hence ~60 in a 55, a point will not go on your record or insurance, it is only a traffic ticket, not a moving violation.

And about you backing up, either we arent getting the full story or the guy that hit you knew the cop or something.

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
i got out of the speeding ticket, because the officer had a record of harassment to kids in our highschool, no longer an officer becuase of it. But the ticket for "failure to obey a stop sign" stuck, even with the witnesses going with me to fight the ticket in court. It was the same cop in both instances, it was the cop's son that hit me, so that could be why. s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread