Got killed by an AMG C32.......TWICE!

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Well here goes.......
Went to Moroso Park yesterday, drove about 2 hours just to get there,anyway........you know the routine-Test & Tune. I checked the black beast in to the tech area, they give me the thumbs up, and I line up. Turns out I was the only L @ the track yesterday too. Well to make a long story shorter.....I lined up against a moded older Chevy Nova......with slicks....traction bars.....Holley Carb....etc. We both launch and I smoke him on the take off.....but wait, 2nd gear comes and goes and we are neck and neck.....3rd gear....uhm....he's ahead by a car....we cross and he's up by a car and a little. Turns out he ran a 12.88 to my 13.21. Oh well can't win them all.
A few more runs and the beast is pulling very consistent 13.2's...need more boost.
Back to the story.....while I was there I raced an AMG C32. I never payed 2 much attention untill we ran. I ran a 13.2 again but he ran a 13.5, funny thing is....I ran a better time but he was ahead of me @ the end of the track. What the F@#$?
I didn't think much of it......on the way home, I see him on the long stretch of empty road, he zooms by and I ignore him.
But he slows down....then I knew it was on!
From a roll of about 50mph......we both nail it! We were neck and neck and the he starts pulling after 80 mph, I'm like what the hell?
He must have N.O.S......I shut her down @130 mph he was a good 2 mabey 3 cars ahead. Hmmmm....we did it again from a 25mph roll....this time on his 3rd honk, but my late reaction meant he walked me even better this time by about 3 or 4 cars. We shut down @ 135 this time but no cigar. Damn.......we slowed and I asked him how much juice he was running, he said no juice but the damn thing is supercharged w 14lbs all stock!
I SAID WHAT? Yep, after some research I found out the little shit has 349 hp stock!
Can't wait till tax time..........I'll be back...............

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
When your messing with an AMG, you never know. Even if I was supercharged, I probably wouldn't mess with one. German engineering at it's finest, I suppose.

But hey, with the amount he spent on that one car, you could probably buy 2 Lightnings and some nice JDM equipment for both and STILL have some coinage left over.

Nice runs, though. :beer:

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Thank you brother.....
I think a swithch to a 4lb pulley and long tubes from JDM should do the trick.
Tax time.......tic....toc.....tic.....toc.....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
go over at CEG and he posts here some times GRANDFATHER has a AMG of some kind and just put a blower on it :)

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
The guy I'm talking about was a young kid no more than 20 yrs old, and his AMG was a 2002....they come supercharged w/349 hp...I was reading up on them and they are faster than the M3.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The 2003 C32 is the replacement for the old AMG C43. I had a C43, which is the C sedan with the 4.3L V8 tuned by AMG.

The C32 is the new C sedan with a 3.2L V6 that has a Supercharger putting out 14.5 psi of boost that is intercooled. The helical rotors of the S/C are teflon coated and very strong.

The car puts down 349 BHP with 332 ft/lbs of torque and a 0-60 of 5 secs.

All for the low low price of $50K

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
stole this from CEG

Grandpa has a 2002 Mercedes CLK55 AMG. He recent purchased a Eaton supercharger for it and was installed this past Monday. The car dynoed 455 RWHP and 477 RWTQ. Car runs absolutely amazing. Thought I would share with you guys. Here are a few pics.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
The one I raced was red, and had some ricer looking stickers on the windshield....don't remember what they said though.....my truck runs 0-60 in about 4.9-5.0 range quarter in the low 13's and this guy pulled on me.....he said it was stock. Don't know, but it was hauling ass.
Remember....I beat him at the track because I had a better take off, he spun.
But from a roll....this thing was killer!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Nice pictures Ryan. It is wild how they shoe horned that S/C right in there like it is stock. Very nice.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'd really love to have one of those AMG SLK32's. Those things pace every year at the USGP... I drool over it as much as I do the Carrara's and 360's that run around there prior to the race.

BTW Sharp ride stabler. I like it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
LOL Benz isn't mine, its another fellow CEGers grandpas....

fangstang

Established Member
Aerodynamics take over after 100 mph! My dad has a 2001 E55 AMG, naturally aspirated 5.4 liters 349 hp and 391 tq! Its got the best aerodynamics in its class, by far! This thing really pulls like a mofo all the way to its 155 governer. My good friend has a 2002 C32 AMG, very fast car! I can definatly see him pulling away from you after 80 mph. Its got amazing aerodynamics for a 4-door, better then a C5 vette!

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Thanks for the head up on the AMG 32. I would have never know...

Users who are viewing this thread