Got me a 2002 GT

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
My buddy just traded in his '96 GT for a new '02 GT, It's that blue color...very sharp, 5spd, leather, fully loaded......Well he was talking some shit tonight about how there is no way a 5 year old camaro could hang with his new '02....I try to explain to him that I have a 20hp advantage but he didn't believe me....Well the first run we are doing about 30...I give him the jump and he takes off. I drop it in first, grab really hard and take off.. he had a 1/2 car lead by this point..I hit second and kept moving right past him...by third and 85 or so mph I had him by about 2 cars....

Were messing around in traffic a little more and catch a redlight....He rolls down the window and tells me he will smoke me from a stop...I tell him to quit dreaming about winning, it won't happen....Light turns green, we both take off like rockets, he starts to pull a little on me as I'm running out of first gear. Once again I grab second, take off, start pulling really hard, get about 1/2 car on him and then I hit the sweet spot....Grabbed 3rd really hard and pulled almost 2 1/2 cars on him....

He is still trying to get used to the stick, and the car is fairly new, not to many miles so I'll give him alittle bit let him break the car in some more before we try it again...

Hope you enjoyed.....

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
GR8WHITE, I'd run you but your alittle to far from Chicago for that to happen....

Like I said I will give him some more time before we try it again....LT1's and the new GT's run pretty much side by side from what I have seen, it's pretty much a drivers race. Personally I think it's pretty good considering the newest LT1 cars are over 5 years old....

Vito

Broken
Established Member
just wait untill sohowcome races ya :lol1:

Originally posted by CobraDOHC
GR8WHITE, I'd run you but your alittle to far from Chicago for that to happen....

Like I said I will give him some more time before we try it again....LT1's and the new GT's run pretty much side by side from what I have seen, it's pretty much a drivers race. Personally I think it's pretty good considering the newest LT1 cars are over 5 years old....

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
I can't WAIT to line up against you!:mj: :gt: :bash:

:beer:
the only way youll beat his car is if sohowcome is driving ;-)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
new '02 GT, It's that blue color...very sharp

True Blue or Sonic Blue are the colors. If it's the color of a blue Lighning, it's True... Sonic is on the SVT Focus (and on the '03 Cobra on the cover of 5.0 magazine).

how there is no way a 5 year old camaro could hang with his new '02....

Maybe if it's modded (like yours), give the GT an equivalent CAI and exhaust mods (and an experienced driver) and it won't be close...

:coolman:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
All I HAD at the time I ran the 13.62 was the CAI. That was without any aftermarket exhaust of any kind. That was also good enough to best Mikie2001GT in his new LS1. I was going 8.70's in the 1/8th he is going 8.80's.

I'll be running 13.40's next trip to the track. Still on the junky Goodyears. I'm just tweaking the suspension to use what I have. That way if I do add more power I'll already be able to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread