got my 12's...half shaft went kaput soon after

tonydahose

Established Member
well hot as hell here 90 degrees...not the best for times but on the 3rd run got my 12 sec...4th run kaput on the drivers side half shaft....i was very pissed off...wheel hopped like once and then it was over...track was really hooking up...when i got out of the car my feet were sticking to the track big time...oh well racing is breaking as they say....no more 1/4 miles for me in the near future...think it is time to do some auto-x

tonydahose

Established Member
Originally posted by trents99
God I hate you. :)

What did you launch at?
hate me...lol...ill trade you that 12 second slip for a new half shaft...i did it once i know i could do it again:beer:

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
You should by my Raxles that I bought for my '99 two weeks before I caved in and bought an '04 Cobra. ;)

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
1.755 60' !!! You need to come down here and teach me how to launch like that!! I got 315 Nittos and 4:10's and I can only get a 2.0xx! Im jealous :nonono:

trents99

99cbra was my hero
Established Member
Originally posted by tonydahose
hate me...lol...ill trade you that 12 second slip for a new half shaft...i did it once i know i could do it again:beer:

Solid axle all the way!

Nah the reason I say that is cause I ran a [email protected]. That should have been mid 12s if it didn't take me an eternity to go 60' :mj:

tonydahose

Established Member
Originally posted by 99whtsnke
tonydahose

what track did you go to?? no doubt about the weather this weekend
byron ...my buddy found a site to correct the et with humidity temp and all that,...it comes out to [email protected] that run i was racing a modded ls1 on slicks and skinnies...i thought i was gonna get my ass handed to me but my 60' was .004 better than his and i beat him by like 1/2 a second...talked to him afterwards and he told me his trans was fubar...usually runs mid 11's

trents99

99cbra was my hero
Established Member
Care to post the site, I'm curious. When I ran that 107 trap it was about 98 degrees with 80% humidity.

mikey99cobra

Established Member
i know how you feel. one 12 sec run on stock IRS and street tires, next run busted diff. 2.0 60. I think the 99 halfshafts for 2.0 or higher 60s but below that your skating on thin ice.

trents99

99cbra was my hero
Established Member
Thanks for the link. The track we run at is 590 ft :)

According to that calculator, and my pathetic driving, my 13.7@107 equates to a 13.11@112. I got a long way to go before I hit 112s.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread