Got my 6.2 on Friday 5/13

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Pics later. Finally got it. Ordered 1st day the banks were open. Was a long wait but it was worth it. It's a sweet truck.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Yeah, diecast, Born in Baja, hat, and the paper with the "deals".

My friend got the kit as well but he ordered his a month ago and it will be here in two weeks. Mine just got lost in a bunch of shuffles I guess.

JWC

Established Member
Congrats! Hey Friday was the 14th not the unlucky 13th. Either way you should be a happy man.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
lol. Been a bit lazy lately. Just finished my potato plantings and been trying to relax a bit. First impressions are that the truck is badass. I hooked up my Mastercraft Xstar to it the other day to see how much it would squat and how it would pull. I was surprised that it barely squatted it at all and it pulled it very nice. My overall MPG is about 14.7 (computer) and that includes a lot of idling at different spots on my farm. The off-road and advance trac system (when it's off) are sweet. Advance trac seems to limit the yaw (in a normal turn on a dirt road) a bit much for my liking so I turn it off but it still likes to cut power on me. Diff lock is sweet. 4x4 engages/disengages way better than my 08 F150 and all the powerstrokes I ever had. If you're going to haul ass in the sand you have to put it in offroad mode or it will not hold a gear for more than a few seconds.

I can't find a big enough ramp to jump it though... The shocks just soak everything up!

SOCOMech

Established Member
Advance trac seems to limit the yaw (in a normal turn on a dirt road) a bit much for my liking so I turn it off but it still likes to cut power on me.

If you press and hold the TC button, you'll see the skidding car icon flash on the info. screen.....then it's all the way off. Put it in off-road mode, press and hold the TC button till you see the icon flash, floor it and you'll notice it right away. Only thing that sucks is that when you go in and out of 4x4, you have to press and hold the TC button all over again. Should you go into 4x4 before hitting the TC...when you press and hold the TC button, you won't see the skidding car icon because it's displaying "4x4" instead. But press and hold it anyways for a good 10 sec. and you should be good to go. Sounds confusing but you'll get it once you try it. For instance, this is what I do....

Go into 4x4
Engage off-roade mode (chime will sound and it displays on the screen)
Press and hold TC for around 10 sec.
Off I go with no TC kicking in:burnout:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I see... I didn't know you had to do it every time you changed the Tcase too. Have to try it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread