Got my AED lopey Idle tune!!

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I wish there was just a button that said "Log" with a start n stop feature on this SCT tuner. Trying to get some logs over to you Shaun, but on my first WOT run the screen closed and i had to brake hard and my labtop flew in the floor disconnecting from the USB.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
The same can be said for any Amazon tune.
However, I'm not advertising anything, or bashing anybody's work. Simply responding to your comments that this tune causes engine damage and that is why Amazon doesn't sell their own version, when in fact the reason is you don't know how to do the idle lope.
If you did, you'd have tested it on your 5.0. It's obvious your customers want this tune feature.

Our support for the site is in the works.

In the end I am not above helping other tuners out. If you want help developing your own version of this 'novelty' tune, don't hesitate to call.
Rick used to come out to our prior shop facility for dyno days....but I haven't seen him in a while. It'd be nice to catch up.

I never said it causes engine damage I said there is no conclusive evidence either way.

We did test it. Months ago. Just like a lot of the other vendors with these cars did.. Months ago. We are not the only vendors who never pursued this after the #8 issues arose. Why dont you go tell them that they didnt pursue it cause they didnt know how.

There is no need to be demeaning and condesending to Rick. His choice not to do a cam idle tune had nothing to do with his ablility. It had to do with his integrity.

Shaun@AED

I wish there was just a button that said "Log" with a start n stop feature on this SCT tuner. Trying to get some logs over to you Shaun, but on my first WOT run the screen closed and i had to brake hard and my labtop flew in the floor disconnecting from the USB.

LOL
Been there.
Put it on the passanger floor board sideways (screen open facing driver).

SicShelby09

Banned
LOL
Been there.
Put it on the passanger floor board sideways (screen open facing driver).

Thats what I did...LOL My issue was almost kicking out the obd2 connector to the device. I was like, "how the hell am I supposed to drive with this thing in here"!! LOL silly wabbit.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
^^ LOL you need to use the buddy system! hahaha.

good idea haha

I was trying to rush things on a lunch break while at work. Ill just wait till im home and have the girlfriend hold it for the WOT runs.

@ sic shelby

Your right, theres just alot going on when datalogging, especially with the radar lighting up here and there and trying to hit the log button and shifting. Why didnt i get the auto?!?!?!?! :rolling:

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Linn, this is my thread and Im the one giving my opinion/feedback to the rest of the members here. I did not ask, nor do I care to talk to you about Shaun's tune. Please move along and start your own threads to talk about your companies tunes in. Thank you.

:beer:

I answered a general question about datalogging and tuners who travel. Then a question was directed at me which I answered and will continue to respond when my posts are quoted.

SicShelby09

Banned
I answered a general question about datalogging and tuners who travel. Then a question was directed at me which I answered and will continue to respond when my posts are quoted.

Fair enough. No need to point/counter point in my thread anymore. Thanks for your input though.

SicShelby09

Banned
good idea haha

I was trying to rush things on a lunch break while at work. Ill just wait till im home and have the girlfriend hold it for the WOT runs.

@ sic shelby

Your right, theres just alot going on when datalogging, especially with the radar lighting up here and there and trying to hit the log button and shifting. Why didnt i get the auto?!?!?!?! :rolling:

Funny thing I thought about logging mine on lunch too.,,LOL I decided that it would not be good on the lunch rush to be going WOT in city traffic...... Now I just take to the country roads late at night when everyones in bed including my wife and kids. That way I dont have to worry about anything accept deer...

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Funny thing I thought about logging mine on lunch too.,,LOL I decided that it would not be good on the lunch rush to be going WOT in city traffic...... Now I just take to the country roads late at night when everyones in bed including my wife and kids. That way I dont have to worry about anything accept deer...

yeah ill just be safe about and probably do the same. Although when shaun mentioned he needed a WOT log, i was fully prepared for using 5th gear i just wasnt sure how i was gonna swing that....legally at least.

How long should i log an idle and part throttle?

by part throttle, do you mean like 4th gear low RPM's just cruising?

SicShelby09

Banned
yeah ill just be safe about and probably do the same. Although when shaun mentioned he needed a WOT log, i was fully prepared for using 5th gear i just wasnt sure how i was gonna swing that....legally at least.

How long should i log an idle and part throttle?

by part throttle, do you mean like 4th gear low RPM's just cruising?

I did 30 seconds for both idle and part throttle. Then for the WOT, I used 3rd gear and just did the log as long as the gear. I started at about 2k rpm cruising then just went WOT until I hit the limiter. And part throttle is just driving around.

davidhuff

Established Member
The same can be said for any Amazon tune.
However, I'm not advertising anything, or bashing anybody's work. Simply responding to your comments that this tune causes engine damage and that is why Amazon doesn't sell their own version, when in fact the reason is you don't know how to do the idle lope.
If you did, you'd have tested it on your 5.0. It's obvious your customers want this tune feature.

Our support for the site is in the works.

In the end I am not above helping other tuners out. If you want help developing your own version of this 'novelty' tune, don't hesitate to call.
Rick used to come out to our prior shop facility for dyno days....but I haven't seen him in a while. It'd be nice to catch up.
I thought Amazon Tuning shop was in Greenville,SC and your shop was in CA.Wow,that is a long way to go for dyno day.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I thought Amazon Tuning shop was in Greenville,SC and your shop was in CA.Wow,that is a long way to go for dyno day.

To my knowledge Rick has never been to AED to tune. He has travelled many times since 2005 to use Jeff's shop in San Jose to tune his email customers. Rick was an established tuner with many years of expereince when he met Shaun at Jeff's shop.
Rick is currently planning a tuning day in Seattle WA. He has travelled for many years and will continue to travel to his customer bases wherever they want him.

scotmach

Established Member
Linn, this is my thread and Im the one giving my opinion/feedback to the rest of the members here. I did not ask, nor do I care to talk to you about Shaun's tune. Please move along and start your own threads to talk about your companies tunes in. Thank you.

Fair enough. No need to point/counter point in my thread anymore.

I think you're being a little harsh here. No need to keep pointing out it's YOUR thread. Someone asked Linn a question and she answered.

SicShelby09

Banned
I think you're being a little harsh here. No need to keep pointing out it's YOUR thread. Someone asked Linn a question and she answered.

Ok. We all moved on. No drama here. I'm not trying to get banned anymore for lipping off to a vendor. Lesson learned on that one. I just want to talk about Shauns tune and not start another pissing match about how the lope is unsafe or not. Nobody has facts for either side, so who cares. As linn said, its my car and I will do with it what I choose. But the bottom line here is that I'm really happy with the customer service and product I got from Shaun. He is a standup tuner, and I'm sure can make any reasonable person happy. Im sure Amazon is awesome too at what they do, but I chose shaun because of his open mind and innovation. No offense to anyone.

SicShelby09

Banned
And one more thing I hate to say, but one of the main reasons I bought this car was because of the lopey idle tune feature. When I first found out about it, I was floored that this could be done with just the tune. Then I spent like 3 moths watching all the youtube videos of the lund cars with it just wishing I could get this done with my GT500. Then when a deal on a new GT and a huge trade in allowance for my GT500 presented it self to me, I couldnt pass it up. Since then(june '11), I have been waiting to get this tune installed but didnt want the lund version. I had contacted Shaun months ago about his, but I had to wait until it was ready for distribution. Now that I have it, I couldnt be happier. And I cant wait for car show/track season. If the tune somehow magicly breaks something, then I made my own bed. No big deal. I only need a very small excuse to get me a built MMR setup if you know what I mean. So anyone else have any Q's for me>?

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
And one more thing I hate to say, but one of the main reasons I bought this car was because of the lopey idle tune feature. When I first found out about it, I was floored that this could be done with just the tune. Then I spent like 3 moths watching all the youtube videos of the lund cars with it just wishing I could get this done with my GT500. Then when a deal on a new GT and a huge trade in allowance for my GT500 presented it self to me, I couldnt pass it up. Since then(june '11), I have been waiting to get this tune installed but didnt want the lund version. I had contacted Shaun months ago about his, but I had to wait until it was ready for distribution. Now that I have it, I couldnt be happier. And I cant wait for car show/track season. If the tune somehow magicly breaks something, then I made my own bed. No big deal. I only need a very small excuse to get me a built MMR setup if you know what I mean. So anyone else have any Q's for me>?

:rockon:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member

Prove it.

hahaha

Any plans on taking your car to get a dyno #?

DA in Dallas this morning was -1525 and my car was running in "Beast Mode".

Users who are viewing this thread