Got my dyno finally..... Advice needed!

Chais92

Established Member
Ok guys. This is kind of delayed thread but it's been bugging me bad lately. I got my car tuned a few months back, and I know numbers are just numbers, but I feel like it came up short. My motor is a MMR 4.75l 750se shortblock with 9:1 compression, ported and polished p.i 2v heads, Houston performance s292 blower cams, an intercooled v1 s-trim with 3.12 pulley, vmp hpx maf, longtubes, o/r x-pipe,60lb injectors, kb boost a pump with a lethal performance wire upgrade , and twin cobra hat and pumps. It made 410hp on 10psi at 6800rpm. At first I thought that something had to be wrong with the motor because of all the trouble I've had with the build it would be my luck, but then after the test drive it pulled hard and had no hesitation so I asked my tuner what he thought and he said it just needs more boost. Which I agree it does, but at that boost level shouldn't it make more power than it does? I've drove it a good bit since it was tuned and it never showed signs of letting up at all. The only reason I post is because I'm ready to up the boost and am wondering if I should look into the engine itself before throwing more out of it. All opinions and advice will be appreciated!!

Chais92

Established Member
410 isn't bad, it's just less than I was expecting. Of coarse I was also expecting more boost lol Sunday I'm supposed to race my buddy. He just had his tuned by kurgan today, it's a stock engine car with an intercooled v3 on 10lbs his made 440hp. As far as the turbo remark.... I'm working on it. I have my vortech kit posted and am talking to a guy with a 76mm forward facing kit.

Widow Mak3r

Established Member
I was hoping for 400hp with my 2v an so far i have hit 427 rwtq an 398 hp trough an auto at 5000rpm with it pulling timing an no meth at 10lbs

triple-s

Established Member
You need a bigger blower I'm a forged 281 with 8.5.1 compression f1a pushing 18 pounds and I make 621. But even with p1sc on 11 pounds I made 476 so yeah those numbers do sound low.

98 Roush

Established Member
Yeah I think your numbers are pretty low. I would think with your mods and s trim you should be around 450wrhp.

ctgreddy

Established Member
with blower cams ported heads and 10psi thru longtubes that thing should be making 450+. What's the timing at and is it intercooled? A buddy of mine had a very similar build, with a little better cams, edelbrock intake and 14 lbs with the same head unit and his made 550 on pump gas. I'd lower the pulley to the smallest you can run without slipping and would be dissapointed with anything under 500whp.

Chais92

Established Member
Honestly, it's been so long since the tune day, that I don't remember what the timing was. I understand I need a bigger blower but I have just had another baby so dropping that kind of cash won't be achievable for a good while. As for the belt size, I'll have to look at it when I get home. I just remember it was incredibly difficult to get on so I doubt slip would be the issue if that's what your getting at. Anybody have any input on smallest pulley size with a 6rib setup. I would love to go ahead and purchase an o/d damper but I can't swing that either :( I was thinking about trying out a 2.8 vortech "High-Traction" any thoughts on that?

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
i just finished tuning a built 2v with an si-trim blower, our custom cams, and slightly ported heads on e85.. made 683rwhp ... ive made nearly 750rwhp with an si-trim before

Chais92

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken about who you are, when I do a pulley swap you will be the only tuner I call! I honestly wish I would've gone to you the first time. I've been to your shop a few years back when my buddy had his car tuned. I rode in that car and one other tuned by you and they both were outstanding! Hope to see you very soon!

Chais92

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys! Anybody have any more input on the numbers with the mods? 410hp 10psi at 6800 with 16 degrees of timing.

Users who are viewing this thread