Got my eaton swapped 01 tuned.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
And it made 436 rwhp on a 95 degree day! :banana: Tuner told me he could get me 450 if I wanted with a more aggressive tune but I chose to stay at 436 and a real safe a/f ratio. Car is stock boost, stock eaton, k&n cai, x pipe and catback. It has a 4:30 gear and drag radials and is a blast to drive in the street. Hope to run into a zl1 soon! :lol1:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Eh, I don't drive the car much and don't beat the crap out of it so I think it should last for a while. I know it's been well taken care of its whole life since I bought it new. But if she blows a built shortblock is going in!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
That was going to be my question (stock shortblock), but you kinda answered it in the above post.

400-450rwhp seems to be the consensus limit to these blocks, so good luck and enjoy.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I hope it doesn't blow but if it does I know I'll be having a good time when it does! Im more worried about the trans and rear end. Already blew the trans once when it was still under warranty.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I only put about 1500 miles a year on the car so I think I should be good a while.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Mine blew at 485 rwhp and 540 tq after a couple years of full out beating the shit out of it lol!

JaCobra 01 Cobra, From build to blow up - YouTube

What else was done to the car to have numerous 11.0 passes and what were the MPH associated with them? What kinda supporting mods were done to the car? What kinda tires? Suspension work? I am interested to see. How close are you to Dayton BTW? about to move to your neck of the woods I think.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I hope it doesn't blow but if it does I know I'll be having a good time when it does! Im more worried about the trans and rear end. Already blew the trans once when it was still under warranty.

The car should last if you don't beat the crap out of it. Just enjoy it. It loks real good.

Users who are viewing this thread