Just got my engine work done at Mustangmagic in Deer Park on
Long Island NY.
Joe and his crew did a great job.

I attached the dyno sheet
The car is a total beast! :lol:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Do you have a graph of the air/fuel. I would like to know what that is in sae hp.

460+hp from a 3.1 is awesome.

davidmax

Established Member
Another example of good Volumetric Efficiency not needing lots of fake boost which shows up on your gauge but is actually blower back pressure.
Great #'s and 1 of the few done the right way IMHO.If a KB was now attached it would potentially add 75-100 @ under 12 lbs. of boost and it will be an efficient motor that will last many ,many miles.Welcome aboard and congrats I like seeing a shop doing it correctly,but of course us guys from Long Island and New Jersey know whats up!!
Welcome Aboard,Dave S.

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Do you have a graph of the air/fuel. I would like to know what that is in sae hp.

460+hp from a 3.1 is awesome.

Next time Im there Ill get a print out and post it

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
Another example of good Volumetric Efficiency not needing lots of fake boost which shows up on your gauge but is actually blower back pressure.
Great #'s and 1 of the few done the right way IMHO.If a KB was now attached it would potentially add 75-100 @ under 12 lbs. of boost and it will be an efficient motor that will last many ,many miles.Welcome aboard and congrats I like seeing a shop doing it correctly,but of course us guys from Long Island and New Jersey know whats up!!
Welcome Aboard,Dave S.

Thanks for the welcome, thats basically what Joe said when I asked why he wasnt going with a 2.8 pully he told me it just blows air around and doesnt add to the output.

Id love to add a KB but maybe I should make the first payment first lol :-D

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I kinda wish the KB was my first mod. I spent more money on exhaust, cai, maf filters, and other shit, and they still don't equate to the hp gain from a KB at 10lbs with stock everything.

xyz

Established Member
Originally posted by crabbys_cobra
Just got my engine work done at Mustangmagic in Deer Park on
Long Island NY.
Joe and his crew did a great job.

I attached the dyno sheet
The car is a total beast! :lol:

Did you get a custom tune on the dyno? If so, what were your baseline numbers like? And what did the entire thing cost?

I live in Westchester County, NY, and would love to get my car tuned after the CAI, Magnaflow, and 2.93 pulley. I've heard great things about Mustang Magic too.

Thanks,

Marc

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
Re: Re: Got my engine work done today

Originally posted by xyz
Did you get a custom tune on the dyno? If so, what were your baseline numbers like? And what did the entire thing cost?

I live in Westchester County, NY, and would love to get my car tuned after the CAI, Magnaflow, and 2.93 pulley. I've heard great things about Mustang Magic too.

Thanks,

Marc

Yes they did 6 dyno runs on the chip tune then made sure they got the air fuel to a safe level with a very min loss in performance. Dyno test 3 on the chart is the dyno before the chip but after the exhaust pully and cold air
and dyno 9 is after the chip tune was complete. The whole deal was $600.00 for the chip and the tune.

Last edited:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Congrats,,That is a great setup.All the cars Mustang Magic does get a real safe setup.
I have seen quite a few Terminators tunned there.AF in the 11's and good power with no drivability issues..
467STD rwhp with 3.1 pulley is not too shabby..

Welcome to the Board.

Users who are viewing this thread