Got my ET Streets!

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
These things flat hook but have soft sidewalls so she wanders around like a drunk mule. The Nitto 555 RII's are a much better all around tire but the MT's hook up. I did a 1st & 2nd pull from a 3K launch on an old a slick road that the 555RII's would spin on in 1st. She hooked on the launch and through both gears. These things aren't gonna last long cause I left two black marks all the way through both gears. I need another pair of stock rims that I can put some Toyo F4's on for the street and save the MT's for the weekends.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
you should have gotten the 275-40-17 e.t. street RADIALS!!

CharlieCobra03 said:
These things flat hook but have soft sidewalls so she wanders around like a drunk mule. The Nitto 555 RII's are a much better all around tire but the MT's hook up. I did a 1st & 2nd pull from a 3K launch on an old a slick road that the 555RII's would spin on in 1st. She hooked on the launch and through both gears. These things aren't gonna last long cause I left two black marks all the way through both gears. I need another pair of stock rims that I can put some Toyo F4's on for the street and save the MT's for the weekends.
NO wandering around at all!! And i feel they actually hook better than the regular e.t. street 17's.....Both are great tires though! :thumbsup: hermann :burnout:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Hmm, yeah, the sidewalls are too soft and the ass end loads up in a corner unlike the Nitto's which isn't too bad until she unloads right after the apex making ya dive for the outside. They also doesn't like ruts or ridges very much. It's kinda annoying. I guess I need another pair of rims for weekday driving with the Nitto's on 'em. Ya won't hear me complain about hooking up though.

lucafu1

Established Member
drive with them on for a while. The wondering will go away. I marked my extra rims so I keep them turning the same way always. Seems to work for me.

Luis

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Mine still wanders. Your going to need to rebalance them often until someone tries screwing them to the stock rim to see if that is feasible.. mine moved around a LOT and vibrated bad shortly after doing a hard 1-3 gear pull on concrete and got plenty of H O O K!

Users who are viewing this thread