got my first speeding ticket tonite

2la8iwon

Established Member
well the title says it all. I was clocked at 91 in a 65 on the pa turnpike near fort washington. The only thing is the state trooper had it in for for some reason. Instead of just giving me a speeding ticket he gave me a speeding ticket, careless driving , and not using turn signals. but I am going to fight the turn signals. first of all I have never had a ticket in my life and i am 34 and been driving since i was 16 and I did use my turn signals and dont know why he said i didnt. such BS. o well anybody want to but an 03 cobra with 37000 miles. ma this ticket is going to cost me 186.00 + 75.00 = 261.00
man this sux i could have bought some mod for that. :fm:

Last edited:

2la8iwon

Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Wow! 34 and your first speeding ticket? You're either very good or very lucky.
well very lucky. I usuall y out run the cops but i had no where to go. let me see I think i out ran 3 cops before. is it luck or am i just a good driver

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
It's probably just luck. If this is your first your doing good. I lost my license for a year before I even had it for a year due to too many tickets when I was 16.

2la8iwon

Established Member
well I have a friend that use to be a state cop in pa but now he is a detective i am trying to get a hold of him to see if he can help me out. Im hoping

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
If your username is your license plate it is catchy, but likely makes you a high profile target :shrug:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
2la8iwon said:
well very lucky. I usuall y out run the cops but i had no where to go. let me see I think i out ran 3 cops before. is it luck or am i just a good driver

Not trying to be a dick or nothing, but I wouldn't post anything about out running cops on a public forum....just MHO.

But good luck with your ticket though, I know its difficult to play sometimes. :burnout:

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
I got my first speeding ticket since I have had the Cobra yesterday. 70 in a 50 its only $145 but I'm just going to court to make sure I dont get any points. He also gave me a warning for failure to display a registration certificate which I need to look for. It dosent bother me too much since this is the third time I've gotten pulled over in the Cobra for speeding and the first two times I got warnings.

Atleast he didn't see the bottle of NAWWZ.

black89lx

Established Member
i also got my first ticket the other day. im only 16 though. the cop was a complete asshat to me. i was doing 75 in a 65 when i saw him. i pulled over immediatly. he cam up and said he clocked me at 83. well i look at the ticket once i had cooled off and it said 87.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
join the club. I go to court on march 17th

Wow! You stretched that one out a bit.

2l8 - That sucks but I would celebrate! You are no longer a virgin :banana:

Not poking fun at your new found expense, but sometimes it's important to view things positively no matter how bad they are. The thing that amazes me is how often everyone speeds in their Cobra. I'm sure there are few that truly feel they are speeding when doing 90. It's like a comfort zone for me. I say common down to Maryland, or shoot to NJ for the speeding. At least the points will not transfer for you.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
black89lx said:
i also got my first ticket the other day. im only 16 though. the cop was a complete asshat to me. i was doing 75 in a 65 when i saw him. i pulled over immediatly. he cam up and said he clocked me at 83. well i look at the ticket once i had cooled off and it said 87.

another chebby cop hater who never had a pony to play with in his young years :nonono:

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I'd take it to court and try and get them to reduce it. I got busted by a PA trooper about six months ago doing 86 in a 45 and the judge reduced it to 55 in a 45. I basically told the judge I was an idiot and then he told me the same thing and reduced my ticket.

2la8iwon

Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
Wow! You stretched that one out a bit.

2l8 - That sucks but I would celebrate! You are no longer a virgin :banana:

Not poking fun at your new found expense, but sometimes it's important to view things positively no matter how bad they are. The thing that amazes me is how often everyone speeds in their Cobra. I'm sure there are few that truly feel they are speeding when doing 90. It's like a comfort zone for me. I say common down to Maryland, or shoot to NJ for the speeding. At least the points will not transfer for you.
YEA BABY. I know I have a problem. I love racing and going fast. I shouldnt say this but i didnt think I was going that fast. Luckly he didnt see me on the other side of the turn pike when i was doing 140 for about 10 sec. man thats the best feeling

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
2la8iwon said:
YEA BABY. I know I have a problem. I love racing and going fast. I shouldnt say this but i didnt think I was going that fast. Luckly he didnt see me on the other side of the turn pike when i was doing 140 for about 10 sec. man thats the best feeling

Be carefull ...One of the State police in PA has a heavy modded Snake and it is fast
Trust me i know when we went at it ..it was over 140 ... :read: Thankfull that i know of him ..

Users who are viewing this thread