Got my first up-close look at the GT500 today

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
I think I heard a sales guy say it pre-sold for $78k......but I may have mis-heard
SHELBY007.gif

SHELBY002.gif

SHELBY004.gif

SHELBY003.gif

SHELBY006.gif

SHELBY008.gif

SHELBY009.gif

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
$78K....FOR THAT??!?!? Someone is a little too anxious to be first kid on the block with one...I can't wait to run into one on the street!

-Mike

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
Well, I may have heard wrong :shrug: seems a little much here also

I also got to hear this thing...

It has a unique sound, differant than other cobras and GTs I have ever heard...maybe just the sound in the showroom

Could have been because it has a Xpipe from factory....

It sounded quieter at idle than a GT and it had a more exotic sound. Kinda hard to put in words.

Best way I can explain is it sounded like a bassani CB sounds if you had ear muffs on or stuck socks up the tailpipes....if that makes sense. Or, maybe like (somewhat) a italian or german sports car sound....

Sounded good but soft, never heard it at a high rpm. I watched as they drove it on the showroom floor

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
Man, this thing has some big cobra emblems, close to twice the size of the terms

and...

Sales guy told me that its Eaton will not work until it has 20 miles on it :dw:

He said its for break in.

How would they do this? Bleed off the boost, rev limit,? :shrug:

I told him it wouldn't matter if it was drivin under normal conditions and did not get into boost......then he went into a "lesson" on how a S/C works and "its a true 500hp car" and how it ALWAYS has boost cuz its SC'ed :rolleyes:

A co-worker (who owns a Harley F150) of mine went with me and started to argue with the guy that under normal conditions it will not produce boost until WOT or a heavy load and thats how it gets a good mpg rating instead of like 5 mpg.....he thought we were full of it. We just let it go.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
LOL, the Eaton wont work for 20 miles. Please tell me he did not say that.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
SVTgriff said:
Sales guy told me that its Eaton will not work until it has 20 miles on it :dw:

He said its for break in.

How would they do this? Bleed off the boost, rev limit,? :shrug: .
That salesman is just that: a salesman. So in other words, STUPID!!! That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard...MAYBE if the blower was electronically controlled but it's not so that is not possible.

-Mike

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
does anyone know if the GT500 has the lame throttle by wire like the 05/06 Mustangs??

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
Double"O" said:
does anyone know if the GT500 has the lame throttle by wire like the 05/06 Mustangs??

From what I heard it does.....and it will be a little tougher to do the pulley swap. Well, at first, then someone will make it easier and more common

Users who are viewing this thread