Got my lowering kit, now where to start??

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
I got belltech spindles for the front and hotchkis leafs for the rear, the spindles have the half nut i guess for the clearing problem right? My question is should i be putting lock tite on all blots when doing this? and is changing the rear shocks a must, or can i keep them on till they go? Thanks, Gino.

nathank

Established Member
I am going to go with the Belltech spindles as well. I have read so much on that half nut I don't know what to think.

Let me know how they work out for you.

Also, where did you buy them? Good price?

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
your stock shocks will fit i believe, but will ride like dookie without shock relocators or shorter shocks...

the strange shocks are $69 each from summit and do an awesome job...

just a thought

04sonicL

Established Member
I just did the exact same setup, its does ride like crap with the stock shocks. I actually am getting a weird noise in the front that sound like im hitting the road with the front bumper over bumps. Its the perfect drop if you have 20's I think

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
04sonicL said:
its does ride like crap with the stock shocks. I actually am getting a weird noise in the front that sound like im hitting the road with the front bumper over bumps. Its the perfect drop if you have 20's I think

when u say rides like crap are u talkin bout the front or the back?
and how big are the bumps when ur hitting the front bumper on the ground, i wouldnt think 2inchs on the front would cause that to happen.

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
and wat shock should i grab for the hotchkis leafs, does bilstein make a pair, i like there ride, or any other ones besides the qa1's?

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I have the Hotchkis front coils and leafs in the rear with the stock shocks and no shock extenders as of yet.. I felt the wrath for the first time this weekend.. on decent, smooth, to fairly smooth pavement I love the way my truck rides, almost feels stock. But I was driving out to Long Island this weekend and had to take the Cross Bronx Exp. in the process and if you live in the NY NJ area you know the conditions. I felt like I was on a trampoline at some points and it was the first time I questioned what I purchased. At one point I looked over and I saw my girl up out of her seat as the rear pretty much threw her up there over a nice bump.... I'm hoping extenders will cure this because I do like the look of the truck even with my stock 18's... if that doesn't work, then I guess it's new shocks.... hope this gives you somewhat of an idea....

04sonicL

Established Member
It rides alot rougher all around in my opinion. And I do have belltech shock extenders in the rear. Im not hitting the bumper on the ground, I think something is just skrewed up

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Sonic, what part # are those extenders you have? I called Belltech they told me 6656, and when install time came, they wouldn't fit, I was told they were for regular F150's...

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
My truck rode like ass when I installed the lowering kit (spindles/coils in the front and hotchkis leafs/shackles in the rear) I have Hotchkis Bilsteins now and its much better. The half nut on the spindles is no big deal, install them as the instructions say and you will be fine. Mine have been on for over 15k miles with 0 issues whatsoever.

Picture210.jpg

Last edited:

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
02REDSVT said:
I have the Hotchkis front coils and leafs in the rear with the stock shocks and no shock extenders as of yet.. I felt the wrath for the first time this weekend.. on decent, smooth, to fairly smooth pavement I love the way my truck rides, almost feels stock. But I was driving out to Long Island this weekend and had to take the Cross Bronx Exp. in the process and if you live in the NY NJ area you know the conditions. I felt like I was on a trampoline at some points and it was the first time I questioned what I purchased. At one point I looked over and I saw my girl up out of her seat as the rear pretty much threw her up there over a nice bump.... I'm hoping extenders will cure this because I do like the look of the truck even with my stock 18's... if that doesn't work, then I guess it's new shocks.... hope this gives you somewhat of an idea....
My truck felt a lot like yours when I had Hotchkis coils\leafs and stock rear shocks w\socal extenders on.
I wasn't happy so I sold my coils and leafs and installed the Belltech spindles and Eibach hanger kit with the original coil springs and 04' leafs.
Still had to use shock extenders though. I'm much happier with the ride now.
3" or more drop gets the shocks dangerously close to bottoming out.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
awesome, thanks Sonic, I'm gonna need those... Yeah Whitebolt, I remember you saying that on NLOC... I kind of wish I went the way you did now, but I'll see if i can tweak it in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread