Got my MM FLSFC's today...

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
... called Stenod, quoted about $200 for install. Seems like a good price from prices I have been seeing posted, guy said it was a 2.5-3 hours job. Seems like eveybody that goes there is happy. I'm gonna get an appointment within the next 2 weeks. The SFC's are look very well crafted, very happy with how they look, and from what everybody says I should be happy with how they perform. :burnout:

also got some MM Diff bushings... once these are on I'll have 1-7 done of the red pill... next is Level 5's

:beer:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Good choice. I had my KB jacking rails welded on there last week. They actually listened to me and welded them on while my car was on a drive-on lift! It was a harder job, the welder even had to lie on his side to weld it, but he did without complaining. Believe me, night and day difference (customer experience).

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
FreSh03Gt said:
Could you PM me the number i need mine installed as well.

http://stenodracing.com/index.html
185 E Elmwood Troy, MI 48083 Phone: (248) 307-0056 Fax: (248) 307-0059 Hours: Mon-Fri 8 to 5 Eastern [email protected]

Joe Borschke is the owner
Nate is the welder, guy is an artist. Pics at the site also.

http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27062&highlight=cage

beats the hell outof the blobbed shitty mess "Miles" at livernois made outta my sfc's
100_4277.jpg

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Ouch, I payed an even 100 bucks for mine about a year ago, and the same shop is charging the same price a year later.

If you don't mind the price, but I'm sure you could shop around.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
96BlackSnake said:
Ouch, I payed an even 100 bucks for mine about a year ago, and the same shop is charging the same price a year later.

got any pics of the welds?

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
96BlackSnake said:

I've read prices on here from $75 to close to $400. If it costs me an additional $100 to have a professional do it that has probably installed thousands of SFC's... then fine. Did you see the welds on that cage? you'd need a robot to lay down a nicer bead...

I called alternative also, Lido was not avaialbe, but the guy answering the phone said its $85 an hour and to call back later in the week. Based on the time quote of 2.5-3 hours from stenod thats 212.5-255 from there.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
96BlackSnake said:

Agreed.
But I also agree on the quality of Stenod being worth it if you don't mind, they do some sweet work there.
Still, who looks at how nice the welds are on the SFCs? I'll take an ugly weld, spray it with flat black and keep $100 in my pocket.
Any quality exhaust shop with a drive-on should be able to do it, this isn't rocket science.
Got mine done locally for $100.
-J

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Those are very..... VERY nice welds Dave.

Wish I would have known about them before sending you to the other place.... bad me. :(

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I wonder how much more effective the HANS subframes will be after being rewelded properly....

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
JB said:
I wonder how much more effective the HANS subframes will be after being rewelded properly....

Not gonna have them rewelded but am gonna have Nate do a brace from the main tube to the front seat bolts. Should tie in the floor better.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Snakebite said:
I do...I do... :-D
Check the factory welds on the GT500's for us. (I wonder if they'll have factory SFCs :shrug: )
Me so jealous :bowdown:
So, you finalize the color choice?
-J

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
biminiLX said:
Check the factory welds on the GT500's for us. (I wonder if they'll have factory SFCs :shrug: )
Me so jealous :bowdown:
So, you finalize the color choice?
-J

I will be SOOOoooo under that car...I'll def let ya know. Did a 180 and went white/blue. The last time I had that combo was when I owned a 76 Cobra II project car that came with a 4 banger before I slammed a 302 in it. :burnout:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Snakebite said:
I will be SOOOoooo under that car...I'll def let ya know. Did a 180 and went white/blue. The last time I had that combo was when I owned a 76 Cobra II project car that came with a 4 banger before I slammed a 302 in it. :burnout:

Get me that VIN number when you get it

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the White/Blue----classic and looked excellent on the show car.
I was up in Flat Rock at Team Z picking up my engine and checking on my car and I saw a Tungsten/Silver coupe filling up. These cars are SWEET.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread