Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

86merc

Established Member
No clue. Mine was a VW flip key fob with a Ford key blank in it. I bet they just replace the logo and install a black key that fits a Ford. But I don't know that for a fact. They could also be reproductions.

my key

IMAG0729.jpg

IMAG0730.jpg

ATTFighter

Established Member
Mine has a Ford logo on back as for an update I just went to a locksmith they could not even program it it says no transponder detected I guess I have a bad key I bought it from the original ebay link in this thread is it returnable? I want to buy a new one as well.

86merc

Established Member
I think Ebay makes you offer a return policy. You only have so many days though. Might want to contact the seller asap.

I just confirmed this was the place I received mine from. Their communication was great before I purchased mine.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
ATTFighter, contact the seller and tell him your situation. He may have accidentally not realized the transponder in that. If he doesn't own up to it, return the key for a refund claiming the product is not what was advertised, and get one somewhere else.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
My key looks "fresh" and I have no issues with mine. I would contact the seller, he was helpful with me.

ATTFighter

Established Member
I contacted him he told me to send it back and hes gonna check it out and make sure the transponder is in there or replace it. So I just mailed it back out

Zodiac

Established Member
I've had mine for a few weeks, and I love it, works great in my 2013. The only issue I had was getting it cut. Home Depot, Lowes, and any local locksmith wouldn't touch it. I had to bring it to the dealer and pay $15 for them to cut it.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I've had mine for a few weeks, and I love it, works great in my 2013. The only issue I had was getting it cut. Home Depot, Lowes, and any local locksmith wouldn't touch it. I had to bring it to the dealer and pay $15 for them to cut it.

That blows. The guy at my local Lowe's just told me that I can be the one to push the button in case it didn't work. Haha. He didn't charge me, but I threw him a few bucks anyways.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Bought the key from the link provided and it works perfectly so far on my 2013 GT. I had some trouble getting it cut as Home Depot and Lowes employees nearly had a syncopal episode after hearing I wanted them to cut a chipped key. Mine came with the Ford logo on the back.

d96f262c-3007-4c4a-9620-527aced290da.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread