Got my new "Flip Key" set up tonight

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
When anyone else ordered their key did they notice if the key was kind of loose? Just got mine in today but when flipped open the key has a bit of play in it :/

Yeah. Mine is the same way. I think that's just the tolerance levels in the blank keys that he replaces them with.

*Excuse Any Grammar or Spelling Errors*
Tapatalkin' on the iPhone

jdcobra

Established Member
Anybody in the Houston area order one and get theirs cut? I've been to 11 home depo and lowes stores total including 3 ace hardware stores and they all have some bs excuse. I guess when I get cleared to go back to work I could try Ford and hopefully they won't no lube butt rape me since I'm an employee lol.

jdcobra

Established Member
I took mine apart and had them cut it. Little bit of a trick putting back together but works fine

That's not the issue but they are saying the cant cut a chipped key and they can't copy something I didn't buy from them

redrader26

Established Member
Anybody in the Houston area order one and get theirs cut? I've been to 11 home depo and lowes stores total including 3 ace hardware stores and they all have some bs excuse. I guess when I get cleared to go back to work I could try Ford and hopefully they won't no lube butt rape me since I'm an employee lol.

I had to goto two Home Depots before they would do it. They made me "promise" not to come back if the key didn't work saying we can't guartantee it will work...blah blah

jdcobra

Established Member
I had to goto two Home Depots before they would do it. They made me "promise" not to come back if the key didn't work saying we can't guartantee it will work...blah blah

Lol if ford wants to charge more than 20 bucks I'm gonna offer someone 20 bucks and send them my spare and the new key to have it cut wherever they had it cut. It's ridiculous

BUCKET

Established Member
That's not the issue but they are saying the cant cut a chipped key and they can't copy something I didn't buy from them

That's stupid. Had dude at Home Depot do mine. I took it apart in front of him. He cut it cause he wasn't sure it would work didn't charge me anything. Took some taking to home that I knew wtf I was doing to get him to cut it.

jdcobra

Established Member
I know right? I'm just tired of dealing with it at this point and if I can't get it cut I'll wind up just selling the damn thing.

sloppymax

Established Member
I had the same run around with Lowes and HD. I said just try and no worries if it goes wrong. Ended up going to visit a locksmith. He had a done in 30 seconds and charged me 2 bucks. Tipped him of course but might be worth the time spent finding a solid locksmith.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Lowes cut mine.....well, their machine did anyways. The guy told me I could push the button in case it didn't work. :lol1:

*Excuse Any Grammar or Spelling Errors*
Tapatalkin' on the iPhone

cheeser

Established Member
Lowes did men as well...they were worried about it not working, but told them to try it anyways...no problems.

20redfire03

Established Member
Is getting the key cut only neccessary to open the door by using the key itself?

20redfire03

Established Member
Thought the shape of the keys were all basically the same and once it was programmed to the car, chip wise, that it would work. Figured I'd ask too before trying to program it before getting it cut.

Users who are viewing this thread