Got my PLX OBDII Gauge installed

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Finally got a pod built for this thing. Here are some pics along with what sensors the gauge reads.

ShifterDown.jpg

SideProfile.jpg

SideProfile2.jpg

TopProfile.jpg

Here are the 5 Sensor Data screens, each shows 6 sensors at once.

SensorData1.jpg

Throttle %
RPM
MPH
Engine Load
Timing
Intake Pressure (NA)

SensorData2.jpg

Air Flow
Fuel System (open/closed)
Short Term Fuel B1
Long Term Fuel B1
Short Term Fuel B2
Long Term Fuel B2

SensorData3.jpg

Air Intake Temp
Water Temp
Fuel Pressure (NA)
OBD Type
O2 1 Bank 1
O2 2 Bank 1

SensorData4.jpg

O2 1 Bank 2
O2 2 Bank 2
Ambient Temp (NA)
FRP Rel ?? (NA)
Fuel Level (NA)
Baro Pressure (NA)

SensorData5.jpg

Cat B1S1 (NA)
Cat B1S2 (NA)
Cat B2S1 (NA)
Cat B2S2 (NA)
ECU Voltage (NA)
ABS Load (NA)

Where there is a sensor that doesn't read (NA), you can replace that position with one of there add on sensor modules.

Last edited:

Maching-U

Established Member
NICE!!!

How do you select what data to show on the gauge? Are the datas shown as a package or can you pick your own group?

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Thanks, it comes with a wired remote to the brain that toggles the 5 different screens. I still need to find if I can set-up the screens they way I want.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Steve are you thinking about making one of those panels with a pod on each side? I still have one of your original surfboards pods sitting in a box in my garage as after I bought it I wanted something else and never have found exactly what.

Also, does that guage read some of those settings from your OBDII port, or does each pid you have have its own sensor hooked up? If it gets its data from the processor/OBDII, than can you still hook up a seperate sensor for say fuel pressure, ECT, Trans temp, etc? Reason being I am thinking of elminating my seperate fuel pressure oil pressure, etc gauges if I can have them all in one, then all I would need is one or two of these digital gauges and a seperate A/F . . . or two.

Sorry for so many questions and thanks a ton in advance. FFS

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Steve are you thinking about making one of those panels with a pod on each side?

Not possible, you would take out the mounting clip on the other side.

Also, does that guage read some of those settings from your OBDII port, or does each pid you have have its own sensor hooked up?

Yes, it reads all the stock sensors from the OBDII port then has a slick serial device interlocking system for add-on sensor modules they sell. They have yet to come out with any pressure modules thou. When you add a external sensor you just specify which NA postion you want it to occupy. There are 6 per screen and 5 screens, so 30 total. Gauge is very easy to read, the remote is hard to get use too.

Right now they only have a Wideband, Fluid Temp, Vac/Boost, EGT and Air Temp modules out.

I might buy the wideband since it says the sensor never needs recalibration.

Last edited:

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Thats great!

And i love the pod you made for it!

Do you sell them ?

If yes, i would be happy about a pm !! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread