Got my Shelby last friday

tammy

Established Member
Hey guys just wanted to join in the fun. Took delivery of my GT500 Black shelby vert last friday. I've been a long time member of this forum back in the day when i got dh an 03 Cobra with a ton of advise from all of you. Well this is my baby. We drove it to Jax FL for the weekend and had a tune done on the car. Today my husband is gonna take it in for CAI, Exhaust and adjust the tune for the new mod's and i believe we are going on the dyno if i remember correctly. I'm so excited we found a great guy down there that knows his stuff! I have a question though. I've never owned a vert and i love the rollbar "look". Yeah i know girly stuff. Bare with me. I love the look and we are not tracking this car so i don't need a true rollbar. Can anyone tell me or give me advise on a lightbar? I look that up yesterday and i can't really get excited about them. I like the look of a true rollbar but the light bar is just ok. Is the light bar an added safety rollover type of feature? I'm asking what's the point of a light bar? I see that i may need a shut off switch for the light while the top is up so more of a pai in my opinon. I had the shop order me one they choose a cdc version. Is this gonna look like crap? I can't go see it in person before the install so i need some advise here. If it's going to be a true safety feature for the car then i think i could like it but if it's just a bs cosmetic piece i think i'd have to say no. I'll try to get some pics up soon. Thanks guys.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Tammy:

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the SVTP GT500 Forum! :thumbsup:

IMHO you would be much better served with the installation of a roll bar. If nothing else, just for the safety aspect of it? Especially given the amount of power this car has! :idea:

Good luck with the car. Have fun and be safe with it!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

tammy

Established Member
Looks like we are going to see all the mods and dyno numbers today i'm really getting excited! I'm glad i don't have to work tomorrow so i can stay up to drive it tonight after the mods are done! HP in Jax fl is the man!

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Congrats on getting the shelby, cant wait to see what numbers u pull on the dyno. :)

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
tammy said:
Hey guys just wanted to join in the fun. Took delivery of my GT500 Black shelby vert last friday. I've been a long time member of this forum back in the day when i got dh an 03 Cobra with a ton of advise from all of you. Well this is my baby. We drove it to Jax FL for the weekend and had a tune done on the car. Today my husband is gonna take it in for CAI, Exhaust and adjust the tune for the new mod's and i believe we are going on the dyno if i remember correctly. I'm so excited we found a great guy down there that knows his stuff! I have a question though. I've never owned a vert and i love the rollbar "look". Yeah i know girly stuff. Bare with me. I love the look and we are not tracking this car so i don't need a true rollbar. Can anyone tell me or give me advise on a lightbar? I look that up yesterday and i can't really get excited about them. I like the look of a true rollbar but the light bar is just ok. Is the light bar an added safety rollover type of feature? I'm asking what's the point of a light bar? I see that i may need a shut off switch for the light while the top is up so more of a pai in my opinon. I had the shop order me one they choose a cdc version. Is this gonna look like crap? I can't go see it in person before the install so i need some advise here. If it's going to be a true safety feature for the car then i think i could like it but if it's just a bs cosmetic piece i think i'd have to say no. I'll try to get some pics up soon. Thanks guys.

Hey Tammy!

Is Justin from VMP tuning doing the mods and tune/dyno on your car?? He said he was doing same on someones car today and we are all patiently waiting the dyno from the car after the tune/CAI.

Let us know how you like it after the mods are on!!! Congrats!

Last edited:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I think the CDC version is the only thing out.:shrug: No its adds no safety in a rollover but it looks nice on this car. JMO

tammy

Established Member
I don't know anyone at the shop besides Tony the owner. The car has been dropped off. I called and asked them if they would email me the dyno sheet. I'll post it as soon as they do. I did'nt get the other guys names at the shop sorry. Tell me the name of the shop and i'll tell you if your guy. :) They had a gt on the dyno doing a run when my dh pulled up. He was in awe of that car. He'd never seen one so they let him look at it and pop the hood and such. He asked if he could take that while they mod'd our car. Everyone had a laugh of course. He does'nt pick up the car till 10 or so tonight so i can give his driving impressions as it's an hour ride home. I'm excited i'll be checking my emails often. :)

Jizabel-GT

Established Member
tammy said:
Looks like we are going to see all the mods and dyno numbers today i'm really getting excited! I'm glad i don't have to work tomorrow so i can stay up to drive it tonight after the mods are done! HP in Jax fl is the man!

Yes, Tony is the man!!! Can't wait to see it at the cruize in
:banana:

I received my 07/Shelby Gt500,10/24/06,coupe/White/Blue-stripes.I,waitting on saleen mustang to pick it up to experiment with it,on testing /tuning,mufflers,headers/supension,ect. They will keep it 3/4 months or so to set it up,to steve saleens expecitations. I havent driven it except to fill it up with gas ,and put around 3 miles on it. It has 15.3 miles now,not driving due to want saleen to get the way I received it from my dealership. I'm really excited at this point and cannot wait to see Saleens Dyno#s after there enginers finish up there tuning and testing. We'll see. I'll keep you posted as I hear about it from saleen-mustang.

tammy

Established Member
Oh Jim are you dropping hints. I bet i know what your getting for chrismtas. LOL I don't think i'll go that far. Tony is just a HP god don't cha think. :) Happy Thanksgiving to you guys and Jizabel i look forward to seeing you at the meets.

Users who are viewing this thread