got nailed on the way home from dyno

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
DUDES!!!!!!
i got nailed goin 96 in a 70!!! :fm: but i truley believe that i was doing only 80 so do u guys have any advice for me besides stop speeding.$224. im sure Wiz told y'allready but i still need to know if ya got any advice even if it is only $.02
Thanx :burnout:

Tylerb59

Established Member
Yea, because you shouldn't need one. :)

There are three options (Payment, Mitigation, Contest) leave these unchecked. Write on the back of the ticket "I would like further information to defer this citation", sign your name below and mail it in. You won't have to leave your house, but pay the full price of the ticket + $50 for court fees.

They'll send you all of the papers in the mail, I recently have had to go through with this.

Again, you're going to want to defer this which you can only do once every seven years while being clean for an entire year each time. You can go the laywer route, Mitch Green is the man to contact ... but you're more then likely going to be paying him to say "Your honor, we'd like to defer the citation" and end up paying him ... plus the ticket.

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
You know what I would say

First of all be more aware of whats around you and dont speed in places like that. They patrol that area like crazy. There was safety in numbers going up but you by your self is a little more dangerous. Secondly get a radar detector! Tell shawn its just insurance! Course insurance might not be the best word right now!

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
Never have had a detector. If your observant you wont need one. Like Mach said "be aware of whats around you and dont speed in places like that". From a friends experience the officer seemed to get more irritated when he saw the detector. I am always romping around in my cars and dont have much trouble....could be luck. But its been 7 years since I've had a ticket..even then it was for "carpool lane violation". You will see the officer before they can tag you....stand on the brakes...and cruise by.

Best bet is to not speed...a detector is a crutch..usually it goes off and its too late.
what the hell do I know..

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
havnt used a detector in forever

Chucks right on! Actually yesterday was the first day I have dug out my radar detector in like 2 years! I just thought it was a good idea for a run like that. I am always watching like chuck said. normally you can see them in plenty of time. I did just get a ticket for 5 over but you know the reason for that! And a detector wouldnt have done anything for me. For those of you wondering I was cruising with a friend at about 12pm and decided to do a burnout. I chose a nice straight road and started burning rubber. Little did I know I was 8 feet from a cop and couldnt see him in the pitch dark. When asked if I knew why I was pulled over I told him that I was showing my friend what my car could do. To which he replied "it does pretty good". After writing me a ticket for 5 over he said, "nice car by the way". :rockon: what a cool cop!
P.S. Back when I used it I used to rip the detector out of the window when pulled over. Cops DONT LIKE DETECTORS!

Last edited:

tarch

I LUB RAIN!
Established Member
i suggest you get ahold of either

Mitch Greene 12067609822
or Ken Grover 12062415508

both are very good... their process is kinda automated so you just call their secretary, she tells you what to do and you go from there...

i most of my cases i didn't have to go to court and i've been in stickier situations than yours ;)

so good luck and the lawyer fee is VERY WORTHIT! 250 for greene and 175-200 for grover

Marty98z

Established Member
www.blinder.net That is all the protection from cops i have had since 1998 when i started driving. You can't get ticketed for an estimated speed. It just doesn't work and if you can't see the radar gun than you can't see the ticket in court. Good luck with your case and take my advice.

Nate

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
To be quite honest I probably drive slower, overall, since I have had my detector. It just makes me more aware of what may be out there. I do not totally rely on it and always keep an eye out.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Marty98z said:
www.blinder.net That is all the protection from cops i have had since 1998 when i started driving. You can't get ticketed for an estimated speed. It just doesn't work and if you can't see the radar gun than you can't see the ticket in court. Good luck with your case and take my advice.

Nate

This works on Laser/Lidar only and is 100% effective for those. For Radar, the only thing that works is a Scorpion XP but it's a felony for transmitting without an FCC license. The Mark I Mod I's are the best defense. Eyeballs for you civilians.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
To be quite honest I probably drive slower, overall, since I have had my detector. .

Yeah, saw all sorts of that "SLOW" driving on Saturday......... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread