got one

99-venom

Established Member
I'm currently running the Ford Racing tune on my 2014 ST. I don't have a single bad thing to say about it. It's as smooth as stock when putting around, but you better be holding onto the wheel if you hammer on it in 1st or 2nd.

I'm pretty sure the Ford tune isn't out for the 15's, but i could be wrong.

Are you trying to keep the warranty? If not, the Cobb AP3 is a superior tuner in terms of features and adjust ability.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Nice! I have really been wanting to trade my '10 focus in on an ST, but the '10 is just a few months away from being paid off and I don't want another car payment yet lol.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I'm currently running the Ford Racing tune on my 2014 ST. I don't have a single bad thing to say about it. It's as smooth as stock when putting around, but you better be holding onto the wheel if you hammer on it in 1st or 2nd.

I'm pretty sure the Ford tune isn't out for the 15's, but i could be wrong.

Are you trying to keep the warranty? If not, the Cobb AP3 is a superior tuner in terms of features and adjust ability.

Yeah, it's amazing how slow manufactures can be. I just checked Ford Racing and they only show '13-'14 handheld tuner. I guess Ford may wait till '16 and make a tuner for '15-'16 ST's.

All tunes that are down loaded to an ECU can be uninstalled. When installing it will first pull your factory tune and store it. Then it will install their tune. You can reverse this and reinstall your factory tune if needed. Just check the Cobb web site. Heck, I did this 14 years ago when I bought a new 01 Bullitt and I needed warranty work done. Just reinstalled factory tune and nobody at the dealer was the wiser ;)

99-venom

Established Member
The newer ECU's remember how many times it has been flashed, this can be a red flag for dealers.

I'm planning on keeping my car compliant with Fords warranty until the 36k mile Ford Racing warranty is up. Then its time for a big turbo!

Yeah, it's amazing how slow manufactures can be. I just checked Ford Racing and they only show '13-'14 handheld tuner. I guess Ford may wait till '16 and make a tuner for '15-'16 ST's.

All tunes that are down loaded to an ECU can be uninstalled. When installing it will first pull your factory tune and store it. Then it will install their tune. You can reverse this and reinstall your factory tune if needed. Just check the Cobb web site. Heck, I did this 14 years ago when I bought a new 01 Bullitt and I needed warranty work done. Just reinstalled factory tune and nobody at the dealer was the wiser ;)

Snake Plissken

Established Member
The newer ECU's remember how many times it has been flashed, this can be a red flag for dealers.

I'm planning on keeping my car compliant with Fords warranty until the 36k mile Ford Racing warranty is up. Then its time for a big turbo!

Yes, but that is not a guarantee that your warranty is void. The burden lies on the dealership to prove that whatever was done caused the problem. The ol' Magnuson-Moss act. Your right, I certainly wouldn't throw a big'o turbo on the car if you were worried about your warranty. On the other hand, bolting on a oil separator kit, deleting the useless Sound Symposer and changing your exhaust out, I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread