Got Pull...???

Got Pull...???

I know how to fix the problem that the dealer cannot figure out. The problem is that the technicians are performing the alignments to the specs, but not considering all of the needed information.

Actually, they are not thinking it all the way through.

The right hand pull is not just an alignment problem. When you sit your happy butt in your Cobra the added 200 pounds DOES offset the toe curve on the left side of the car. It is slight, but with the F1 tires they will track on many good roads. What is happening is that the slight movement in the rear knuckle allows the toe rod to pull as the chassis moves downward within its travel. This cannot be seen when on an alignment machine and the weight of the car is empty, but sit in the car and watch the numbers change.

This was a very large problem with the Dodge Vipers when they came out. Technicians had to actuall add 250 pounds of lead shot to the driver's seat to perform a correct alignment. This is what is needed for the Cobra, OR to add a bit more toe-in to keep the offset difference at a toe-in state while driving without a passenger.

If your Cobra has a pull, I suggest getting someone to ride with you of equal weight to your own and see if your car still has a pull. If you are totally frustrated with your local dealership alignment tech, I will suggest you convey this information to them so that they can correct your problem the first time.

Best of Luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread