got pulled over not far from home...(40+ in 25)

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
ok, well guys, i got busted. :(

(and yes, you can say it was selfownage, but whatever, i made a dumb mistake and it was easily preventable.)

i turn on a road where the limit is 25, and me being stupid, i decide to get on it. keep in mind there was a car on the oncoming side. anyway, i bring it up to about 45, and as i reach my court, my friend tells me "you know that was a cop, right?" at first i though he was joking, when all of a sudden i see flashing blue and red lights in my rearview. anyway, i pull to the side and the officer asks for my license, registration, and POI. he asks me how fast i was going, and i told him "i think maybe 40 or so, i'm not sure."

after that he writes me the ticket... but he was nice and reduced it to only 5 over. after that i was off, even though i was about 4 houses down from where i live.

i might sound crazy but is there anyway i can get this ticket dismissed? yes i'm lucky the officer reduced the ticket, but what would i say in court? this is my first ticket by the way.

thanks, and i'd prefer answers without flaming lol.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Get a copy of your driving record, take cash[fine and court cost] and ask for a PJC[if applicable in your state] and show your record to prove it is clean

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Why would you speed in your neighborhood in the first place? Or any neighborhood for that matter?

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Im gonna suggest you dont try and fight that. As much of a break the officer is already giving you it wouldnt be pretty if you fought it. If I can ask, why would you want to fight the ticket?

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
You broke the law and got caught, be responsible. Take your ticket pay the fine and go to traffic school to get your record cleared.

i have to say, this seems like the proper way. i was being an idiot, and i must pay for it. :bash:

and to the guy who said why was i speeding?
to be honest, i dont know man. i was just ****in up in general last night, some stuff happened that kinda made me sad.

but its whatever, im glad the cop gave me a break, 5 over is better then ****ing 20 lmao.

when i call up the number on my citation ill ask about the traffic school, if it is avaiable.
Im gonna suggest you dont try and fight that. As much of a break the officer is already giving you it wouldnt be pretty if you fought it. If I can ask, why would you want to fight the ticket?

one reason, im still on my level 2 license (got my license back in march) and i was only a month away from getting the level 3. i cant have violations or accidents or i cant get it until im 18, i believe.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
one reason, im still on my level 2 license (got my license back in march) and i was only a month away from getting the level 3. i cant have violations or accidents or i cant get it until im 18, i believe.

should have thought about this before "gettin on it".

Dress nice, go to court, when the judge asks "guilty or not guilty" plead guilty, apologize to the court for being stupid and ask for leniency. since it is your first ticket a little self berating might get you a break.

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
should have thought about this before "gettin on it".

Dress nice, go to court, when the judge asks "guilty or not guilty" plead guilty, apologize to the court for being stupid and ask for leniency. since it is your first ticket a little self berating might get you a break.

yeah, youre definitely correct about me doing thinking.

but what kinda break you talkin bout? the ticket being dismissed?

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
i have to say, this seems like the proper way. i was being an idiot, and i must pay for it. :bash:

and to the guy who said why was i speeding?
to be honest, i dont know man. i was just ****in up in general last night, some stuff happened that kinda made me sad.

but its whatever, im glad the cop gave me a break, 5 over is better then ****ing 20 lmao.

when i call up the number on my citation ill ask about the traffic school, if it is avaiable.

If your record is clean, and the state permits it, you should easily be able to get deferred adjudication and have it removed from your record with a simple online or in person defensive driving class.

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
If your record is clean, and the state permits it, you should easily be able to get deferred adjudication and have it removed from your record with a simple online or in person defensive driving class.

ok. im not sure if michigan permits it, though.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
but what kinda break you talkin bout? the ticket being dismissed?

that is an unlikely scenario. However he may be willing to lower the points/fines and let you keep your provisional for the next month instead of yanking it totally

slider701

Established Member
When I liven in Michigan I had a ticket dismissed down to "Impeding Traffic" which carried the same cost but no points on my license. There was a whole court room of people and the judge gave about 20 of us the same break, except for one lady who had a bunch of speeding tickets. For her the judge made her go to traffic school (This was Allen Park btw).

Some communities only care about the money, especially in MI right now so its always worth asking.

Just dress nice, be polite, and play up the "I'm a dumb ass" excuse.......it will work a lot better than some BS excuse like I was late for work/school or rushing home for an emergency.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
after that he writes me the ticket... but he was nice and reduced it to only 5 over. after that i was off, even though i was about 4 houses down from where i live.

i might sound crazy but is there anyway i can get this ticket dismissed? yes i'm lucky the officer reduced the ticket, but what would i say in court? this is my first ticket by the way.

So the officer cut you a big break and now you want more? Remember the charges can be amended in court to the original speed/violation. Sometimes looking a gift horse in the mouth is a bad thing.

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
So the officer cut you a big break and now you want more? Remember the charges can be amended in court to the original speed/violation. Sometimes looking a gift horse in the mouth is a bad thing.

lol i was only wondering if it was possible.

but anyway thanks for the input guys, i'll see what i can do and will post the results. (probably in roadside.)

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
^Roger that I would be pretty upset if I gave someone a big break like that and took it to court. Sorry, but that first ticket comes the first fine. The old saying goes "if you want to play, you are going to have to pay."

Users who are viewing this thread