Got pulled over - Questions?

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
First off, I just want to say I'm not bashing anybody including the officer. I just felt like telling the story, and asking a question about what I ended up with.

I was driving home from work friday evening, I got off of north M53 which is a freeway and ended up going west, my home is about 1/2 Mile after I get off. I came to a traffic signal and proceeded north. There was a vehicle turning left so I went around him and accelered to get back up to speed, I just rolled on the throttle up to about 45 mph, the speed limit is 40mph in that area, so I did speed a little. Anyways, I turned into my subdivision and I get like 2 blocks from my home, I look in the rear view and notice that the same black car that followed me into my sub was now closer and was a cop car, he finally turned his lights on and I pulled over. He sat in his car almost 5 minutes before walking up to my window and asking for "drivers license, proof of ins, registration, and a good reason why he shouldn't give me a wreckless driving ticket". I was kinda of puzzled and was too nervous to even say anything but just said "sorry officer, I wasn't aware of what I was doing, I just accelereted after turning and didn't realize I was going that fast" he said he wasn't sure how fast I was going because "he didn't have his radar on, but he heard me and it had to be fast". I know I didn't do anything careless or wreckless, but at this point I just put my foot in my mouth and tried not to make him mad. So he goes back to his car and another cop pulls up, they bs for a few minutes, he takes another 8 minutes or so before he comes back to me with a "loud exhaust" citation, and a "careless driving" warning. He told me what he gave me, handed it to me, then said you need to slow it down around here, have a nice day. I just simply said thanks, gathered my stuff and drove away.

what exactly is a Loud exhaust ticket? I'm sure there is some type of fine for it, I couldn't find it on their website or anything.

also, what exactly is careless driving warning? is this something that will go on my record? seeing how its a written warning and not just verbal?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
A warning is exactly that, it is warning you not to do it again. Since it is written it might go in their local system to let other officers know you have previously been warned. But it wont appear on your driver's abstract. The loud exhaust is not a moving violation, it is a violation associated with the car not the driver. Call the phone number on the ticket and speak to the clerk of the court for the fine amount.

Have a nice day!

Users who are viewing this thread