Got raped, the killed

wickedred

Established Member
Got raped, then killed

went to the local hangout last night in the cobra. was not really looking to race, just going to see what was goin on. got asked to race a 98 C5 vette coupe. it is a guy i knows car that has had some work done. no one had seen the vette run yet. it has the following mods that i am sure of: iron block 408ci stroker, Stg 3 AFR heads, LSX 90mm, kooks LT headers, X-pipe, and skinnies and ET streets. makes roughly 530rwhp.

my car ported eaton, TB, CAI, magnaflow x-pipe na d catback with F1 tires.
500rwhp.

ran from a 45mph roll. didnt expect to win. first run 2nd gear 45 mph we took off he put 3 cars on me. :dw: all i could think was dayum that car pulls.

round two. same setup. 45mph 2nd gear we took off. i held tight with him to the tp of 3rd and then he was gone. like 7 or 8 cars gone by the top of 4th.

:kaboom: . i wish i had a video so you all could give your thoughts. i am a run what ya brung and hope to bring enough kinda guy. all i can say is i didnt bring enough.

Last edited:

wickedred

Established Member
it was a good race all in all among friends. it got me thinking about goin back to the LS1/LS6 platform. gonna be a vette this time though. :thumbsup:

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
from the sounds of the race, he was probably spraying. Throw yourself on a TT setup and dust his ass!

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
someone will always have something faster. at least you posted your loss.

wickedred

Established Member
i checked the vette top to bottom no nitrous. he just had more car, and was a lot lighter than me.

if i go buy a vtte it will be a Z06 or fixed roof coupe with my iron block 414ci stroker in it. got sell the cobra first. hell i just dropped $4000 on parts for it too. maybe time for a yard sale i dont know.

bayarea

Established Member
03 SeRpEnT said:
from the sounds of the race, he was probably spraying. Throw yourself on a TT setup and dust his ass!
why do you say that. hes got 30rwhp on the cobra and a 500lb or so weight advantage.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Yep, can't win em all..even with 500RWHP. THose vette's are very light...At least you lost to a bad-ass car. He would have raped most other cars on the road twice a bad....good death.

Users who are viewing this thread