got some dough, need advice

johnnydufus

juicin' and a goosin'
Established Member
well i just sold my 88 rx7 for 1250 and want to do some things to the cobra
my driving is aggressive, take corners fast, run the 1/4 hard

the car has flowmaster 40's,3.73s, pro5.0 short shifter, and a shorty cold air intake
my rear-end bushings are trashed, tires are trashed, and TOB in my clutch is ticking

where should i put the cash?

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
offroad H pipe, 4.30's instead of those crap 3.73's, lowering springs (sportlines), new shocks/struts(KYB) and some CC plates(MM or Steeda).

All of the above should take car of your budget :D

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Replace your tires and bushings and fix your throw-out bearing and then see what you have left.

You like to take corners? A set of full-length subframes will make a night and day difference in the car. Then depending on the amount left after that I'd probably purchase a set of springs and/or an off-road H-pipe.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Fix all of your problems first. get a full bushing kit since your front bushings cant be too far from going south. Get a nice set of tires and possibly some springs or you can get the other things ( gears, exhaust...ect) and have to worry about the broken things.

Sergio

Established Member
johnnydufus said:
my rear-end bushings are trashed, tires are trashed, and TOB in my clutch is ticking

maintenance before mods... fix it first.

johnnydufus

juicin' and a goosin'
Established Member
well guys my clutch took a big poop on me right after i pulled out of the school shop (put in to gear and let out clutch and i didnt go anywhere, put it into reverse and crawled maybe 15ft at 3k rpm

so what clutch would be the best bang for the buck besides the frpp king cobra (thats what i just blew and only had it for 15-20k) it was fine then i traded for a truck and came back with a tick in the tob

i'll get the bushings after that (would i see a big difference in the 60ft?) i'm pulling 2.1 on used 245 tires

is there really any difference in the x or h besides sound?

if i have anything left i'mma go 4.30s and a set of kumho tires

Users who are viewing this thread