Got some more resto parts!!

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
I think I did pretty good, let me know any opinions if I did or not.
Picked up a really nice set of black floormats for $50, and a brand new OEM Intake plaque for $75. My drivers mat was pretty rough.

I also got my door sill window trim, a set of new cobras, and my sunroof seals from LRS as well.

Sanded the wiper arms and mirrors down, and laid a fresh coat of satin black on those.

It definitely cleaned up the look of the car considerably. I think the only things I have left are my hatch struts, drivers seat repair, and a little paintwork. Should be wrapped up by the end of this month if everything goes smoothly. If it was nice outside I would take some new pics, but it snowed here about a week ago, and shes not coming out!

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Yea keep us posted when you get a chance with some pics.

You might have luck finding a Roller really cheap with BLK interior or find someone on craigslist with BLK front seats for sale. I see them from time to time.

Back in the fall, there was a guy in N carolina with a nice set of 92-93 front blk seats.

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
There is about 6 more inches of snow on top of the other 5 that were there, so no pics anytime soon. :(
Got ALL the fluids changed and threw a K&N filter in too, so not much left to do to her. Just the seat and the paintwork really. My goal is to have the least amount of paintwork done as possible. Probably have them wet sand and buff the whole car when they are done with the repair as well.
She still looks 20x better than when I got her!

WillyB93

Established Member
It is just amazing what a good clean up and detail will do to a 18 year old car.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
There is about 6 more inches of snow on top of the other 5 that were there, so no pics anytime soon. :(
Got ALL the fluids changed and threw a K&N filter in too, so not much left to do to her. Just the seat and the paintwork really. My goal is to have the least amount of paintwork done as possible. Probably have them wet sand and buff the whole car when they are done with the repair as well.
She still looks 20x better than when I got her!

Sounds great! Keep us posted :beer:

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Looks like I can't upload attachments yet, so the next best thing I guess. Some garage pics. The lighting sucks for taking pictures in there, but even these crappy ones show the difference! Replaced the hatch struts as well!
Also, even though you can't see it, I got a new garage door and opener, so she's better protected and I plugged in a heater out there so she's not cold any more!

1993 Mustang SVT Cobra pictures by 50guy81 - Photobucket

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Do me a favor and yank off that Cobra on the dash and find the correct Mustang logo.

One of my pet peeves........lol!

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Understandable. That one is brand new as well. I have the logo still, I just like the Cobra on the dash. I think they should have come with it from the factory. :)

buddha93

Established Member
Understandable. That one is brand new as well. I have the logo still, I just like the Cobra on the dash. I think they should have come with it from the factory. :)

Ha! That's cool. Everyone likes to put on their personal touches.

Just keep the pony..........;-)

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Yup, that and the shift knob are about the only touches I'm willing to do, but I did keep hold of the dash logo, the old cobras, and the shifter knob. Anything I do, which is probably nothing else, will be saved.
Hell, even saving the old inside door handle trim pieces that are broken.
I think I'm going to go out and try to fix the pockets on the doors now.....

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
Installed some gauges today, They light up the same color as the stock lights. Don't have a CD player yet, so just decided to put them there!
I can't stand the stock gauges, they just aren't reliable enough for me.

2011-01-25214730.gif

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
I really hate this damn modding bug, how do you get rid of it!? Just installed a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter in the Cobra! That's it, I'm done modifyng!!!

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
I really hate this damn modding bug, how do you get rid of it!? Just installed a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter in the Cobra! That's it, I'm done modifyng!!!

Stop now or your end up with a race car like me. I turned a brand new 92 gt fox that I special ordered into a full blown race car. I started just like you, a few little mods......4 years later.... I had a 10sec race car. :bash:

WillyB93

Established Member
Brett did that other deal not work out for you? I think it is hard not too, who doesn't like a mean sounding mustang with flowmasters on it. Or a shorter shifting pattern, instead of from the front window to the hatch.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Brett did that other deal not work out for you? I think it is hard not too, who doesn't like a mean sounding mustang with flowmasters on it. Or a shorter shifting pattern, instead of from the front window to the hatch.

I have left a couple of messages on his phone. No return phone call. A little slow Id say. But the morning I sent you an update. A few minutes after that I got the email response with his pH# to call . Like I said, already tryied a couple of times. Must be that firefighter schedule....LOL

93CobraGuy

'93 Cobra Member
Established Member
I have left a couple of messages on his phone. No return phone call. A little slow Id say. But the morning I sent you an update. A few minutes after that I got the email response with his pH# to call . Like I said, already tryied a couple of times. Must be that firefighter schedule....LOL

Brett, did you find another Teal/Black/Roof car?

Yeah, I had plans for another fox to add to the stable so I could mod it, but after we bought the girlfriend's '02 GT, and $1,200 for new wheels for it, and I got the new garage door and opener, funds just wouldn't allow. My only option at this point is to help my brother in law mod his '86 GT Vert that I loaned him the $2,000 to buy. That was a deal that couldn't be passed up! I've already put some pony wheels, and some LX lights in his.
I don't want to do any go fast on the g/f's car, because she isn't that good of a driver, so a CAI and Flowmasters is all it has now! Trac Lok rebuild kit is also being shipped as well.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
lol haha looks like buddha wouldnt like the cobra on my dash either haha. personally i like it on there. =)

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Brett, did you find another Teal/Black/Roof car?

Na, looking at a 92 lx 5.0 Blk/Blk/sunroof with 24k orginal miles on it for $9.8k
Somthing to hold me over until I find the right Teal.

I give credit to Willyb for finding the LX for me. Nice find.
I just hope I can get the guy who own it on the phone.

Oh, Willy... Happy B-Day bro!!! I forgot to mention in the email conversations!
:beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread