Got some runs at the track last night. Good time?

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Made it down to Cecil County Dragstrip in MD last night. My best run was a 13.2@105, had a 1.93 60' time. I mounted a set of old, old BFG DRs (275/40/17) I had laying around on my rims to see if it would help. Car has exhaust, drop in K&N, and 3.73s and lowering springs. I'm pretty frustrated. I want to get 13.0 or 12.9 by the end of the summer. No nitrous, no boost. I have one more thing to try and I'm pretty much out of ideas. My buddy has a set of 15" v-6 wheels with some MT ET streets on em (235/60/15) That made his stock 02 GT bog. So I'm hoping they can drop my 60' to 1.8 or 1.7 next week. What I'm basically asking is does anyone have any ideas on how to improve my times, without spending loads of money on head work or suspension. :??:

Im saving for a used 1.5L KB setup...tired of being beat by LS1s :fm:

Last edited:

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Heres a pic of the car right before I left

DSC02335-1.jpg

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
Good times. Lower the 60' and you'll be in the 12's.
What days to you go? Maybe I'll see you there in the next couple weeks.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
thats not a bad time at all, what exactly are your mods as in exhaust..longtubes? doesnt seem like you have too many mods

bssmith1220

Established Member
Those are really good times for what you have done.....much better than me:(

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Those are really good times for what you have done.....much better than me:(

+1 I think that is a great time for a basically stock car. If I read correctly the only thing you have done is a catback. Right? I'm having a very hard time cracking a 12 as well.

Al

Last edited:

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I've got a BBK o/r X pipe, Flowmaster catback, FRPP 3.73s, and a drop in K&N.

I had a custom SCT chip in but had some problems with it and its now back to stock PCM. I never got a run in with the performance tune. My tuner told me I'd see close to 30hp bump when he was done with it. Does that sound right? Had something to do with bumping the timing while the IMRCs are open.

Users who are viewing this thread