Got some seafoam

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Now what do I do with it. Is there anything I should be weary of. I don't want to blow up my motor with something stupid like this.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I can't find this shit anywhere. :bash: :bash: :bash:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Unplug the PCV valve that is on your driver's side valve cover. Pour the seafoam (not the foamy kind, it has to be the liquid stuff.) into a bowl. Then put the PCV valve in the bowl and have someone start the car up. Wait until all the contents are gone and tell the person to shut the car off. Plug the PCV back up and let it sit for around thirty minutes. Then go back out after that and start it back up. Let it idle for a little bit, (might want to die, mine did) and then rev it up to about 4000RPM's for about thirty/forty seconds.

Then go drive the piss out of it. Make sure you do WOT and regular driving. Pretty much the harder you drive it the more it cleans it out. No need to go over board here, but just give it a good bit of a work out.

There should be TONS and TONS and TONS of smoke. I felt a difference, my car never "bucked" at 4000RPM like it used to, and the rev was a wholllleeee lot smoother. Just the little things that help are amazing.

Someone wanna verify this. I believe its RippinSVT that wrote out a little "How To" on this. He'll be able to make sure this is correct.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Ok, just ran through the motions with it. I guess it feels alittle better. I'll have to let it cool down to get a better idea. The IMRCs still don't feel like they are opening. If it didn't do a thing thats ok, because the smoke show was worth it. I know you guys said there would be alot but jesus. It was also fun driving it around. Ii don't live anywhere near a major road or highway, so im back in my development doing WOTs in first and second gear to like 6 grand, chirping tires and shooting out alot of smoke. Everyone was looking at me like look at this dumb a$$, probably blew his motor.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
MidNight Snake said:
Ok, just ran through the motions with it. I guess it feels alittle better. I'll have to let it cool down to get a better idea. The IMRCs still don't feel like they are opening. If it didn't do a thing thats ok, because the smoke show was worth it. I know you guys said there would be alot but jesus. It was also fun driving it around. Ii don't live anywhere near a major road or highway, so im back in my development doing WOTs in first and second gear to like 6 grand, chirping tires and shooting out alot of smoke. Everyone was looking at me like look at this dumb a$$, probably blew his motor.

lol, that's hilarious!

I almost feel like buying this stuff just to see this infamous smoke show....

CY98Cobra

Established Member
^True. The water moecules bounce around and help to break up the carbon. If you've ever seen a engine with a blown headgasket you should know what I'm talking about. The cylinder that leaks the coolant will look brand new while the others are black with carbon.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
I didn't run it through the PCV valve, just the vacume line that attaches to it. I just put a new one in so it wasn't nesisary.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
I wonder how well this stuff actually does work. Has anyone taken off their manifold in a relatively close time to after they used the sea foam and seen the results. I just can't see this stuff doing anything significant to the buildup in the engine.

Paul

MidNight Snake

Established Member
grandestang said:
I wonder how well this stuff actually does work. Has anyone taken off their manifold in a relatively close time to after they used the sea foam and seen the results. I just can't see this stuff doing anything significant to the buildup in the engine.

Paul

I'll let you know. Im going to be doing the IMRC clean up thing in less then a month.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i did the seafoam thing about a week ago, i did not see anyblack smoke, but it was also dark out. i did not think it was gonna start at first, had to keep crankin it. it seemed to rev more freely afterwords though.

Users who are viewing this thread