got the boost but not the power

gotboost?02

Boosted
Established Member
i got a '02 lighting eaton blower(ported),ported plenum, MAF Sensor, full exhaust, high flow fuel pumps, CAI and tuned, pulling 16 psi only dynoed 375RWHP my buddies is at 10 psi and dynoed 380RWHP what's wrong with this picture? the dyno sheet showed a miss at top end and bottom end and i hooked a code reader to it and there is no mis fire in current or in the history.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
If you are missing at all you will be way down on power. When I had a bad plug I would miss constantly @ WOT under load and it never showed a missfire code. Even when I took a Ford Dealership mechanic for a ride with Ford's software logging it I never showed a missfire. I replaced a perfectly good looking set of plugs with a new set and the same results. After house spent trying to find the problem I replaced the plugs again and the problem went away. Point is you need to solve the missfire because a $2 part could be costing you 50HP.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Before assuming its the plugs.. what are your IAT2 temps?

If it's pulling over 160F then your tune is most likely pulling timing which can reduce power.

First things first. Check your IAT2 temps. (and verify that the IC system is functioning like it should)

Rich

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
IAT2 temp is the temperature after the blower. datalogging can find this number for you, and if you got your truck tuned from someone they should have datalogged it.

an easy initial way to check is to see if your intercooler (I/C) pump is moving the fuild around in the resevoir (that will at least tell you if your pump is working).

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread