Got the call today

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice ride!! Really like the flat black stripes on the black!!
Goodluck!

PS C5 Frank from the Corvette forum here!!! Nice to know I am not the only one that came back to the Mustang side....LOL

Last edited:

IamRacerX

Established Member
I've done the Corvette thing and now looking forward to enjoying and learning about the GT500.

My bone stock (with stock tires) C6Z ran 11.42@125 (Good for #8 on Corvette Forum "Fast List").
The C6 Z06 Fast List - Corvette Forum

Would be nice if someone established a similar list on SVT Performance for pure stock GT500's.

One more thing doc... who's number 7 above you there....LOL:-D
Congrats again on the car....:beer:

dgdoc

Established Member
Goodluck!

PS C5 Frank from the Corvette forum here!!! Nice to know I am not the only one that came back to the Mustang side....LOL

One more thing doc... who's number 7 above you there....LOL:-D
Congrats again on the car....:beer:

Hey Frank!! Really cool that we're both here on the Mustang side of the fence.

I miss my C6Z. Got rid of it before I had an opportunity to go back to the track and find another .03 and claim the #7 spot. (BTW - Terrific job on the 11.39)

Would be fun to have the same kind of fun and healthy competition with the Boss 302 and GT500. Curious where the "bottom" is for both cars.

I saw Ranger earlier in the year and he said that he met you and some of the other guys from CorvetteForum down in FL. Said he had a great time and really enjoyed the time together and camaraderie.

Would like to meet some time. I get down to West Palm Beach several times a year and maybe we can connect next time down.

:beer:

mir2-041.jpg

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Goodluck!

I'm IRS-Cop from the Corvette forum! I sold my 2008 Corvette Coupe, was about to buy a used ZR1, and then jumped at the opportunity to order a fully loaded 13 Shelby GT500. I've always been a Corvette guy, but love what Ford has done with their Shelby for 2013 and the fact that they kept improving it year after year. GM has just kind of sat stalled for a while and after their embarrassament with the ZL1 unveiling and subsequent upstage by the 13 GT500 I am very worried about the all new C7. While Ford is giving it's current customers what they want, GM is too busy trying to appeal to folks who don't even own their cars.

daytripper

Established Member
Nice! I am jealous . A month to ship a car is pretty inefficient . They could have got a few guys to push it there faster . The last few cars I ordered ,(GM and Ford) took about a week . Better break out the clay bar to clean the crap off your paint .

IamRacerX

Established Member
Hey Frank!! Really cool that we're both here on the Mustang side of the fence.

I miss my C6Z. Got rid of it before I had an opportunity to go back to the track and find another .03 and claim the #7 spot. (BTW - Terrific job on the 11.39)

Would be fun to have the same kind of fun and healthy competition with the Boss 302 and GT500. Curious where the "bottom" is for both cars.

I saw Ranger earlier in the year and he said that he met you and some of the other guys from CorvetteForum down in FL. Said he had a great time and really enjoyed the time together and camaraderie.

Would like to meet some time. I get down to West Palm Beach several times a year and maybe we can connect next time down.

:beer:

mir2-041.jpg

Anytime you are coming down, drop me a pm and we can meet up for sure.
I would love a fast list for these cars too.... I have seen a low number for the Boss at 11.7X at 120 stock on DR.... The 13 Gt500 best... not sure I saw anything that was concrete stock as so many guys have been modding them right away.
We had a great time when Ranger came down... that was the night I ran 10s on DR all stock in the Z too... so it was a very special night.
I'll get my Boss out to the track eventually. My wife and I are expect our second son in Oct and we just got a new house... so its been crazy lately.
Glad to see you over here!!! We def need to meet up!!!
Take it easy!

The good old days....LOL
Z06burn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread