Got the cobra back after 9 months "Chop Shop"

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
I got my Cobra back after 9 months in impound,they finally gave it back.The car was stolen and placed in impound ,it was found in a so called chop shop. The police didn't let it out of impound because they used it in the trail and the f*ckers got off!well the cars screwed going to cost 4,000 to fix it.Had no insurance!!

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
I just had it painted the month before the new paint job is screwed ,they stole all the interior got some stuff back missing a seat and stuff.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Ah crap man....that's a shame. I'm so sorry to see this happen.

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
Glad you finally got it back. Too bad it came back like that :( On the bright side, there's still quite a bit left on it that they could have taken(all body pieces, the tri-ax, remaining interior, wheels, etc). Good luck with puting it all back together.

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
Yeah,the paints f*cked though! on the plus side they are the stupidest theives in the world.they stole one center cap ,a seat ,antenna ,carpet,dash,speedo ,and cobra computer. i had to buy a new car, because the police had the cobra for 9 months,but my ex girlfriend is takeing over payments after it's fixed.

Last edited:

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
Originally posted by saadcobra
sorry to see that happen to you. Did they hold how stole your car?

they loaded it on a trailer,it was out side of a local shop getting worked on .they got caught on security camera tag and all,so the police just tracked them down over the next few days.

Originally posted by 98gt281
What is wrong with the paint, man that really sucks, such a badass car.

it got scratched in impound and chiped...brand new paint job!

Last edited:

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
How did they get off. I suggest you burn down their houses.

something about not enough evidence,or some other bullshit.
what's really bad ,im not the worse case out of all of this .there where more Cobra's in there Chop shop than just mine a 95 and 97 also.im just glad i got mine back,theres where striped from what i hear.

Originally posted by sid297
I suggest you burn down their houses.

yeah, i would prob be the one to go to jail though,and they would still be free.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Make their lives hell. There's always civil court. It worked against OJ. Come to think of it, It wasn't OJ that stole your car was it? He has a talent for getting off even though there's large amounts of evedence against him.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
GO TALK TO A LAWYER!!! The shop where it was stolen from may very well be liable for the damages! Also, even if the guys in the chop shop didn't get convicted of a crime, you can still sue them and possibly get a judgment against them. The burden of proof when suing is "perponderance of the evidence" which is like saying 51%. The burden to convict is "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is much higher.....like 90%. I think I'd start by suing the shop owner, then sue the crooks. With the amount in controversy being only $4K you can probably sue in small claims court and have a hearing quickly. But you still want a lawyer to help you research the law on the issue of the shops liability. If that suit fails, then sue the crooks. Good luck.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
GO TALK TO A LAWYER!!! The shop where it was stolen from may very well be liable for the damages! Also, even if the guys in the chop shop didn't get convicted of a crime, you can still sue them and possibly get a judgment against them. The burden of proof when suing is "perponderance of the evidence" which is like saying 51%. The burden to convict is "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is much higher.....like 90%. I think I'd start by suing the shop owner, then sue the crooks. With the amount in controversy being only $4K you can probably sue in small claims court and have a hearing quickly. But you still want a lawyer to help you research the law on the issue of the shops liability. If that suit fails, then sue the crooks. Good luck.

I agree. If you know the shop that the car was in, I'd take them to small claims court at a minimum. Some states have a max of $5,000 you can sue for, but at least try to get that.

Sorry to hear about your issue. I've been there too. Although, I only got the frame of the car back. Nothing else.

Last edited:

03Cobra3943

SVT Poster
Established Member
The shop were it was stolen from should have an insurance policy that would cover the damages. I had a maverick (3 on the tree!) stolen from a repair shop (they used it as the get away car and didn't realize it had no brakes) and that's what happened in my case.

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
The shop's a buddies a good friend of about 5 years.He is paying to have all the work fixed on the car plus a few extras like the(alarm),about 4,000 in all.Plus,he made all the car payments while it was in impound. ill get pics when its all fixed prob be a couple of months or more.

Users who are viewing this thread