got the dyno in today...

rikhockey

Established Member
well i got three runs on a mustang dyno from wat i hear they r around 8% off the dynojets?? well i will first tell u wat all is done to the car Mac headers,Mac Hpipe,Mac mufflers. 70mm throttle body, mass air and cold air intake 3.73 gears and a ?ionable if i have a cam or not not sure if owners befor did or not. but anyways i put down 217 horse and 267.8 torque i was kinda suprise as to how low considering wat i have seen others run . wat do u guys think?

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Like you said, the mustang dynometers show a considerable diff. than dynojets. It does sound a lil low to be honest though. A stock non-cobra usually dynos right at 200. IMO, put the stock TB and maf back (too big IMO) on as this actually hurt my car when I added the tb and maf. I know I don't have iron gt40s but it was a bottleneck at the heads. Just a thought.

rikhockey

Established Member
ya my air fuel ratios where all over the place car needs a good tune and a new chip burned. but they also showed my power band started to drop at like 5100 area. and if im not mistaken when u dyno a car u supposed to do the run in 4th gear, they used 3rd ? they said something bout 4 being to high of a top speed for the dyno...

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
3rd or 4th doesnt really matter. but im not familar with this mustang dyno???
yea all 5.0's stop making power at the 5000/5200 mark which for us 93 cobra guys when drag racing its useless to rev past 5400.

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 93cobra#3326
3rd or 4th doesnt really matter. but im not familar with this mustang dyno???
yea all 5.0's stop making power at the 5000/5200 mark which for us 93 cobra guys when drag racing its useless to rev past 5400.

I shift mine at 6,000......:nonono: Maybe I should try 5,500rpms instead and see if I pick up some tenths. I really need the dyno sheet soon. Im hopin for Aug. to get it done.

rikhockey

Established Member
oh it sounds like it has a cam everyone i no thinks it does and so do i but i mean no clue wat kinda or anything. but if i had to bet i would deff say it has one i cant believe it would run this lumpy stock

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
My car put down 230 RWHP and 289 RWTQ on a dynojet. I have a K&N, Offroad H-pipe, and two chamber flowmasters, and timing set at 14 degrees. Mine was dynoed in fourth gear and at 5500 RPM the speedo was down past 140 mph.

Users who are viewing this thread