Got the SLP LM1 put on today

badboycali_559

Established Member
I got it installed today and it's not as loud as people claim it to be, my borla stingers sounded 10 times better and louder, i might buy some borla mufflers and put them on. Next week i get my mac catted x to go along with it and also some 03 cobra folding mirrors.

i m also looking to put on some mufflers because i m not digging the sound, any suggestions on what kinda mufflers to put on?

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
If its brand new you need to give it some time, it will gradually get louder as its broken in. I will add tho I have stingers with a magnaflow catted X and I don't think ill ever get tired of the sound.

tjs98gt

Established Member
kingCOBRAsvt_99 said:
If its brand new you need to give it some time, it will gradually get louder as its broken in. I will add tho I have stingers with a magnaflow catted X and I don't think ill ever get tired of the sound.

SLP LM1 doesnt break it. theres nothing to break in. the resonators are just simply a larger diameter tube, no baffling or packing, completely hollow. it sounds the same on day 1 as it will 3 years from now. however, i had them and with a prochamber they were quiet but with an OR X, well it was extremely loud, louder than you could imagine. so id imagine an o/r h being quieter than the o/r x as well. and a customer of mine has it on his stock mid pipe GT and it sounds loud but not that loud. without that o/r x it wont be too too loud

now im running LTs, prochamber again and borla stingers and its my favorite exhaust combo of the 10+ ive had yet

Last edited:

badboycali_559

Established Member
tjs98gt said:
SLP LM1 doesnt break it. theres nothing to break in. the resonators are just simply a larger diameter tube, no baffling or packing, completely hollow. it sounds the same on day 1 as it will 3 years from now. however, i had them and with a prochamber they were quiet but with an OR X, well it was extremely loud, louder than you could imagine. so id imagine an o/r h being quieter than the o/r x as well. and a customer of mine has it on his stock mid pipe GT and it sounds loud but not that loud. without that o/r x it wont be too too loud

now im running LTs, prochamber again and borla stingers and its my favorite exhaust combo of the 10+ ive had yet

i've bbk l/t's with bbk x-pipe sittin in the garage, it was on my last cobra and loved the sound of it with the borla stingers, i dont' wanna go throug the hassle of putting them back on because of emissions problems in california, can anyone tell me if borla mufflers will fit the LM1?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm guessing you already sold off the Stinger set up. If you didn't, why don't you just swap the Stingers back in and sell off the LM1?

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I had LM1's on my GT and absolutely loved them. My car had cats though, and it was tame at cruising but anything over 1/2 throttle was breathtaking. Different strokes.

Users who are viewing this thread