Got to start up a 2015 Anniversary Mustang

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
That doesn't look quite as earthy as the 60's Wimbledon White. Also looks like factor redline is still right around 6700 according to the tach. Interesting!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Steering wheel looks pretty cool. The car sounds different from 11-14 GT's, from when I heard it in person. Is that whole flat crank V8 thing true? I read it somewhere a good while ago about the new 5.0 having a flat crank. I honestly don't know what that means but I could also be wrong. Either way how's it feel? as comfortable as the 11-14 or more creature comforts?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Steering wheel looks pretty cool. The car sounds different from 11-14 GT's, from when I heard it in person. Is that whole flat crank V8 thing true? I read it somewhere a good while ago about the new 5.0 having a flat crank. I honestly don't know what that means but I could also be wrong. Either way how's it feel? as comfortable as the 11-14 or more creature comforts?

It's still in development if anything and it won't be a GT based engine, it's too exotic for the GT. Ferraris 458s have a flat plane crank and just think about the sound those produce. Most of that is the flat plane doing that with the rest of the Ferarri formula. I don't understand it fully but that's as simple as I can put it.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
It's still in development if anything and it won't be a GT based engine, it's too exotic for the GT. Ferraris 458s have a flat plane crank and just think about the sound those produce. Most of that is the flat plane doing that with the rest of the Ferarri formula. I don't understand it fully but that's as simple as I can put it.
I hope it doesn't because the sound I heard was a no gusta for me honestly.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm not completely sure but I think flat planes usually rev to 8-9k rpm so it may sound awful down low but the upper rpms would be glorious!

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
15 GT's will most likely be the same motor from the outgoing model. Possibly with some more parts form the boss, I've heard mixed review on that. It could be the exact 13-14 coyote motor?? Who knows.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I am expecting at least 450 from el gt

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Ford Engineer on a video posted here stated the GT track pack would exceed the Boss in performance. It would have forged connecting rods with forged aluminum heads, 6 piston breaks, higher flowing heads. We shall see I suppose.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
15 GT's will most likely be the same motor from the outgoing model. Possibly with some more parts form the boss, I've heard mixed review on that. It could be the exact 13-14 coyote motor?? Who knows.
Ford has said it will have better forged rods, better flowing heads, bigger valves, bigger cams and new intake. Sounds like a recipe for more power and RPM's.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
thats all the vid you took?

Here's another one on here of a few S550s on the road in Toronto...

[youtube_browser]m-tPhF8fUew[/youtube_browser]

...and I took a vid of the whole interior, that I'll post up soon.

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Valves are larger than the Cobra Jet and cams are a combo of Boss and Cobra jet. Heads are supposedly revised Boss heads.

image-52.jpg

Last edited:

JAA55

Established Member
I don't think that's anniversary edition, where's the chrome trim above the windows?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
didnt the original 4.6L 3V engine have the CMCV or something like it and most people ended up deleting them? I am assuming probably more emissions oriented. Still not sold on the looks. The Headlights and grille together just don't work for me. Sides and back are good, but man I hope someone does something in the aftermarket but seeing as the lights are in the QP im guessing not easily

Users who are viewing this thread