Gotta be the stinkiest BS ever!! S/C'd SS silverado

good_times44

Established Member
So im at this car show on saturday just walking around with my friends, and this guy comes up to me and asked me if i remembered him. I knew who he was from a couple weeks back when he beat a stock 01 L on the local strip. So I know his truck is quick, but when he says he has 850 hp and is running 10.5's (1/4) at the track I thought instantly :bs: . I told him I wanted to race him, but he said when I run 10.5's then come talk to him. He had no proof of any of this talk.... I honestly think I would rape that truck, I have a 03 cobra 2.93 upper, custom tune, nitto 315's, K&N CAI, steeda tri ax. Im just waiting till I run into him again. I did see the supercharger, but it had a stock pulley on it, small intercooler, and those trucks are heavy, along with 20 inch rims. He was from Jamaica or something. What do you guys think?

good_times44

Established Member
yea I bet 1/8 mile is about right, up here in alaska there is only 1 place to drag your car and mostly everyone goes by the 1/4 mile

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Ask him what his trap speed is. Then ask him how he doesn't fly off the track with that bohemouth.

rphinney

Established Member
Is it one of the new Reg cab ones or the Ext. Cab? You should tear him a new one, those things are a disgrace to the term "sport truck" it doesnt even have an LS1 engine but the 6.0L truck engine. Go find him and drive circles around him.

02Lightning629

Established Member
About a month ago I was down in ocean city maryland for a huge car show thing. Anyways I drive a stock 02L with just cai. I ended up running a supercharged extended cab SS there. we ran from like 15-20 to maybe 80 im not sure didnt look at the speedo. Well we beeped it down but he jumped on 2. He had momentum going pulled maybe a half a truck. I thought he was going to keep pulling but i stopped his pull and started pulling right back. We were dead even when we shut down TRAFFIC, but if we kept going ida walked him no problem. I call bs on him you should destroy his ass. :rolling:

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
rphinney said:
Is it one of the new Reg cab ones or the Ext. Cab? You should tear him a new one, those things are a disgrace to the term "sport truck" it doesnt even have an LS1 engine but the 6.0L truck engine. Go find him and drive circles around him.

the 6.0, is basically an LS1, just for trucks.. Its an iron block, and ALL the parts interchange. Ive seen 10 second camaros, running ported 5.3 Truck heads.

Saw a mag test of an SS with the magna charger, and it was running low 13s and that was with a replacement pulley and a few other mods. Those things are a joke. They should have stuck with the standard cab, short bed concept, so theyd atleast have a chance. Even my 04 L, with a 6lb lower and CAI would probably lose to your Cobra...

rphinney

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
the 6.0, is basically an LS1, just for trucks.. Its an iron block, and ALL the parts interchange. Ive seen 10 second camaros, running ported 5.3 Truck heads.

Saw a mag test of an SS with the magna charger, and it was running low 13s and that was with a replacement pulley and a few other mods. Those things are a joke. They should have stuck with the standard cab, short bed concept, so theyd atleast have a chance. Even my 04 L, with a 6lb lower and CAI would probably lose to your Cobra...

The 10 Second camaros want those truck heads for Compression purposes only, trust they are not just being swapped either, but plenty of ported and polish work.

The truck engines and the LS1 are just about the same aside from Cubic inches, heads, Camshaft, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, PCM and injectors, they are machined of the same block (dimensions) albeit one is Iron and the other Aluminum.

Really though those trucks should have the LS1 in them they are dogs, Chevy is going to put them out with the supercharged LS2 rumor has it, and the SSR already got the 400HP LS2 from the C6.

The new Silverado SS is also supposed to be availiable in Reg. Cab configuration. The L debuted in 1999 and chevy is finally getting it, only took them 7 years. TARDS!

good_times44

Established Member
My friends and I couldn't believe how much power this guy thought his truck had, the truck must have magical powers or something haha, I know the SS silverado is slow in stock to a little modded, but never new much if they were supercharged, but 850hp is rediculous especially with stock blower pulley. I bet a lot of you L guys have fun raping SS's which their owners talk their truck up so much :beer:

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
there is no way the guy has 850hp, those things are 4 speed automatics. the transmission they have in there can't handle that much power. so even if he really does have that much, you'll still beat him cuz his tranny will blow.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
To handle that horse he would have to have the 4L80HD tranny in his truck and a 4WD to put down the power, otherwise the stock 4L60 and rear tires would go up in smoke! If I'm running 10.5s in the 1/4 I would carry that slip in my friggen wallet!

I say go smoke his A$$

Users who are viewing this thread