Gotta say thanks to Slythetove and 03Sssnake

OverToad

Established Member
One was sick, and the other has a wife at home waiting on him (no doubt another night on the cold couch awaits!), but they both stayed up LATE on hump-day to assist me (ie: do the work) in installing my Billetflow TB and plenum.
Everything was rolling along just fine until it came time to remove the TPS screws from the stocker. No screwdriver, no brute force, no wishful thinking, and no miracle could get that thing off of there. Finally, it took a dremel tool to hack off the screw so I could get the TPS onto the Billetflow..........at 1:30 in the morning, which was a full 2+ hours later than when we started.

They had no business staying up that late to help my sorry ass, but they did.

Much thanks, and be on the lookout for good fortune to come your way. Funny how karma works like that........:thumbsup:

lguerra1

Established Member
I know what you mean. I ran into the same problem trying to adjust the TP voltage. I could not unscrew the tp sensor off the throttle body if it meant my life. I finally did break them free. But anyone that is going to loosen the screws will want the throttle body off the car before trying to break it free. Otherwise stripped screws will be the outcome.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Kurt,

It was a pleasure as always. I wasn't about to give up in the last 10 feet of the race. I can sleep when I'm dead!!

When you come to Sly's Underground Garage, you get top notch service or you don't pay!! .... wait a minute..... :-D :-D

Despite my illness you know I can't resist an opportunity to throw a wrench and learn, so I had fun. I made that TPS attachment screw my bitch!! Stupid screw....

I hope Dave got home in time to satisfy the warden. I'm sure he did.

How did the car run? Any further news? Let me know.

OverToad

Established Member
Couldn't fall asleep until 5am, then had to be up at 9am for school.
Right now, my nickname is MiasisDragon!

Car is running fine, just a high idle and that code. I won't get a chance to work it out until I get back from school this afternoon. Without a laptop, I'm gonna run by AutoZone and have them pull the code. We allready know what it is, but I just want to make sure. Once that's done, I'll figure out the VM and get it dialed in.

PS: 220 miles on 14 gallons. This included 1 hour sitting in stopped traffic on Mopac, A few runs up and down Parmer to show OrigTxCobra the light ;-) , 4 bursts of 10mph-120mph last night on Mopac to test out the TB (breaking the tires loose from a roll at 45 is a trip), about 20 miles with the AC on, some highway driving, and some city driving. All in all, a very well-rounded tank which yields true MPG numbers: 15.7

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
That mileage is great considering.

So do you like the TB difference??

Dyno will tell the tale under the curve, but what are your impressions so far??

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
No..No..No... I should be thanking you guys for assisting me pulley/belt swap... Thank you guys... Although I think I contracted SARS from Sly ;-) keep us in the loop on the code Overtoad, anymore slip?

OverToad

Established Member
Obviously, it was cooler last night. The car felt like it was really jumping, but it's dangerous to form an opinion since we know the TPS isn't adjusted correctly yet. The car does "feel" stronger, but I refuse to fall victim to any placebo effect.

The dyno will tell the story. Speaking of that is Gary gonna hit the dyno saturday?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I sure hope so. I just picked up my car so I will be there. If we all show and get him to come all his questions can finally be answered.

I won't be dynoing of course, but I'll come and hang with you guys.

OverToad

Established Member
Update: I wasn't able to get an exact reading from the voltmeter (operator error?), but worked on it today, adjusted the TPS with the one reading I actually could get, and the car idles like it did previously, and my check engine light is gone.

I'm going to wait until the sun goes down, then take it out on the roads for some testing. I want to see if it's any different than last night, due to whatever code was being thrown.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You guys feel like dynoing tomorrow? I just got Friday off, saturday is still fine... I just have hard-on to put this baby on the rollers...

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
:lol: :lol:

I gotta work brother. You're call. Saturday I can make. Friday is no go.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Congrats on the new mods Toad! I'll get there some day.

Hey guys...we're gonna be installing some new halfshafts in a couple of weeks. Wanna come to SA and learn? :D

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Congrats on the new mods Toad! I'll get there some day.

Hey guys...we're gonna be installing some new halfshafts in a couple of weeks. Wanna come to SA and learn? :D

Very much so. Yes. Please keep me updated on when.

Users who are viewing this thread