Gov. Brown proposes tax increase

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I'd ask Brown just what he thought caused Toyota to just uproot and move their whole HQ and operations to Texas. Then watch as he either spews BS or back pedals majorly. That was the canary in the coal mine when it came to the economical future of the tarnished state as others have been following or thinking of moving out of there.

I said it once I'll say it again just go and take your tax dollars away from these liberal cesspools and watch as they just dry up and shrivel away. I'll say that I think 2 electoral college votes will be added somewhere else instead of California in 2020. As I know a lot of people that has either left or did not go and move to that state in the last 15 years.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
^....this state wastes so much Gdamn money it aint even funny.

Sad part is NO ONE here gives a shit! its no wonder people are fleeing Ca in record numbers.

Oh, believe me, there are PLENTY of people that give a shit, and those people are basically all in the govt system (Calpers and similar). I live in Rhode Island and we have same situation going on here, where the govt has morphed into a self-serving entity, little more than legalized Mafia. Our public servants have become public oppressors, looking for every little opportunity to plunder and steal from taxpayers and businesses.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Well, the bill passed so we get to spend even more money than we already do on gas.

Really hoping this job opportunity pulls through for me and I can stop commuting so much.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It seems this bill was fairly openly "bought" with promised funding to different districts.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It's because they have probably never lived anywhere else, and think the rest of us are backwards hilljacks.

Actually, thats probably more true than even I want to admit. You should hear these people talk about places like texas...

Not many people I know supported the gas tax hike though. Everyone votes for taxes on the rich. Very rarely do people vote to impose more taxes that hurt the lower class outside of maybe the cigarette tax. So I am surprised, ever so slightly, the democrats passed this.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LMAO at California still thinking that they can tax their problems away.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
LMAO at California still thinking that they can tax their problems away.

yup. I'm hoping to get into a big name company here soon, stay a few years, and then transfer to a plant in another state. Or use the big name on my resume to get into another company out of state.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'm a cracker on my mother's roommate's sister's side.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
In my case I was born and raise here. It was a good place to grow up, but I saw thinks changing for the worse in the late 70s. And it's been down hill ever since. So like most hard working conservative crackers I bought land in northern AZ.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Like I told someone else, wouldn't be surprised if Texas went blue in 2020.

I don't see that happening, but it would suck. Only the liberal cesspools of Austin, Corpus, Dallas and Houston are blue.

Texas has 254 counties. The liberals can keep their 26, the rest will remain red.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see that happening, but it would suck. Only the liberal cesspools of Austin, Corpus, Dallas and Houston are blue.

Texas has 254 counties. The liberals can keep their 26, the rest will remain red.
Don't forget El Paso. The transplants are what are going to switch this state.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Those are the highest population areas though. The more they grow, the worse off Texas politics will be.

Users who are viewing this thread