Grease on inner rims?

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Anyone else notice this. All four wheels get black grease on them on the inner part. I clean it off and the next time I wash it, it's back.
Thoughts?

stevieb

Established Member
CV joint grease from boot on axle. Going to mention it to Ford when I go in for first service next week.

stevieb

Established Member
Only seen it on the rears. Found it the day I drove it home with 39 miles on it. Perhaps the reason its on all fours is that maybe the fronts that have it were once on the rear before the tires were rotated. Im sure the black part of it is brake dust sticking to the grease, because brake dust by itself is not greasy.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Not brake dust, though I get plenty of that too. Haven't rotated tires yet.

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I had grease on my front inner wheel. Upon closer inspection, I found that the hub seal was leaking. The dealer took care of the leaking hub seal problem when I brought my car in for the tick and clutch shudder. The tick is now gone but the new clutch also shudders and they put 30 miles on my car probably HOT RODDING it!!!!!

stevieb

Established Member
well they had to seat the clutch lining, so you wouldnt have that noxous smell as the lining burned in....kidding. I wonder how these guys really drive these things?

Users who are viewing this thread