Great alternative to ExtremeContact DWS ...

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
General G-MAX AS-03:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=G-MAX+AS-03

ge_gmax_as03_ci2_l.jpg

Just got them installed today, will let you know how it goes ...

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Like for all-season use?

Aren't ExtremeContact DWS considered pretty grippy, like on level with Pole Positions?

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I ran those years ago on my 05, seemed like a good tire in southern climate.

I got them specifically for their Winter capabilities.

Like for all-season use?

Aren't ExtremeContact DWS considered pretty grippy, like on level with Pole Positions?

Yes, the DWS's are considered a very good AS tire (I had them once years ago). But when I asked for them at a local tire store stating I wanted an AS tire with very good Snow performance they suggested the General G-MAX. I told him I would have to research the tire and get back to him. Everything I found about the tire was positive, so I got them!

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Supposed to get 10-12" of snow over the next 3 days, will report back on how the Coyote Stang does w/GMAX's ...

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Ok, got 4-5" snow overnight. Went for a ride to the store, picked up a newspaper, drove around some side streets, car moved nicely with the new tires!

Go easy on the accelerator and let the TC do it's work, and the car moves straight ahead. Much better than the Pirelli P Zero Nero's, the General G-MAX AS-03's are a win. :)

Last edited:

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
My car is a dd so my primary concern (living in the northeast) is a tire with both great Dry/Winter capabilities.

For that, the G-MAX AS-03 does the job.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
yeah, the G-Max and the Conti are both acceptable in the winter for light snow duty. The Gmax will have better cornering and control, while the DWS takes the snow traction a bit further. Neither are meant to be driven hard on a track, they are all-seasons which have a lower temp range and many more sipes on the face of the tire for traction in in-climate weather which are counter productive when going around corners fast!

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Yesterday, I drove my A/S GMAX equipped Stang to a small store a few miles away after getting another 5-6" of snow (two day total was over a foot).

Funny thing is, the store was closed because of the storm ... but my Stang was there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread