Great article from edmunds

Fordfourlife

Established Member
:rockon:

Additionally, Reed said Ford plans to put more emphasis on special-edition Mustangs.

"They have done a really good job the last few years with special-edition versions of the car, the Boss, the Shelby and everything," he said. "I've heard the special-edition variations are really good. They are pushing that even to a more profound level than what they have had."

americansteel

Banned
said convertible and fast backs are to be expected. the current mustang is a fastback. lol. more special editions no less are coming, looks like the prices will be jacked up yet again.

americansteel

Banned
well it is a fastback. I hope ford will never bring back the coupe or notch back, they never looked good on mustangs anyway. but of course I wont be a mustang, never will.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Many would not consider the current model to be a fastback...

That would mean the 1965-1966 mustang is not a fastback. The 05-14 coupes are all fastbacks. The fastback absolutely does not have to extend to the trunk. Many are confused as to what a fastback is.

I agree with americansteel, the coupes/box tops never looked good, but they traded their good looks for lighter weight.

evilrazor

Established Member
We can all agree that the coupes/box top never looked as good. I would still like a fast back that extends to the trunk, and is what I assumed when they specifically mentioned it in the article.

americansteel

Banned
We can all agree that the coupes/box top never looked as good. I would still like a fast back that extends to the trunk, and is what I assumed when they specifically mentioned it in the article. look im not here to pick on you im not trying to offend you or piss you off, we all have our wants and opinions. but I hope ford never sells a mustang again that has the fastback roof ( technically sports roof) that is swept right to the back, 2nd 67-68 gen and 4th gen 71-74 gen mustangs had that and they looked awful. its a terrible design. the new Lincoln basically has that, and its nasty looking. 95 to current mustangs have a perfect balance of the fastback roof, except the two things that bother me are the fender wells that flare out, ugly, and the design of the car where its a lot higher than the front and slopes down. that is horrible. oh and factory wheels way too big

evilrazor

Established Member
Don't worry this a forum for discussions, your not going to piss me off or offend me. In the end we are both car guys with varying degrees of what we like in a car. Unfortunately we have 8 or more months to wait and see. In the meantime ill dream of my all the way to the trunk fastback :)

americansteel

Banned
nothing wrong with dreaming, but unfortunately for you the fast back roof all the way back wont happen for next gen, im not a mustang guy anyway, but the gen after the new one coming up you might just get that wish. I know ford will have the next gen out for 8 years, then the mustang is to drop an extra 100 pounds and you might just get a evos type mustang. ford is to produce the evos in 7 years. I was told the evos plant will be put in somewhere in texas. my dream is to have a fairlane, but ford wont make any other type of 2 door V8. that's why I converted a 03 crown-vic to a 2 door with a 6.2 keep dreaming bro I do too

americansteel

Banned
see here's a problem, I seen two articles saying ford is to bring more special editions, mach1 comes back out, the gt350 will be the gt500 replacement. problem, we all might just get more special editions yet are we going to get a 5.8? a 6.2? what? it really sucks just seeing 5.0 mustangs, pop your hood what you got buddy? oh just a blown 5.0! that's it? hey nice mach1, what you got? 5.8l, nice! a mach1 should have the 5.8 or the 6.2. the costs on all models go up anyway.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
That would mean the 1965-1966 mustang is not a fastback. The 05-14 coupes are all fastbacks. The fastback absolutely does not have to extend to the trunk. Many are confused as to what a fastback is.

1965-1966 models you are talking about were called "2+2" common mistake. A friend's dad owned a 1965 2+2 and kept calling it a fastback. I let it slide until he called my 2006 GT a pos for not being a fastback. It was so awesome to break the news to him lol

Users who are viewing this thread