Great Day!! Parris Island - Daughter pic!!!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Today is one of the greatest days of my life. As some of you may be aware, our daughter left for Parris Island back in July.

Today I was cruising the Parris Island family support pages and came across this photo of our daughter leading her squad.

We are very lucky that this photographer just happened to be in the right place at the right time!!

Damn. I am so proud!

:banana:

Amandacropped.jpg

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
awesome. I am an Air Force Vet, have to support our troops. wish her the best

usmcrebel

Established Member
brings back so many great memories!
glad she is becoming a Marine...she only has a short amount of time left and she needs to enjoy every minute of it.

FWIW....i was more afraid of one of the female DI's than any man i had ever been around. just standing by her you could feel your could being drained from within....later found out she was ~25-26 and on her 4th marriage

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Congrats, looks like she is a platoon guide. i think when they graduate the get to wear the blues and are considered Private First class. they are also considered the best in there platoon.
My twis are Marines at Camp Pendleton
OOOH RAHH

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
You certainly must be a proud father. And a guide-on at that. Thank her for her service and may the Warrior gods be with her.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Congrats!
Thanks for sharing, you have good reason to be proud..

Red3

Established Member
Today is one of the greatest days of my life. As some of you may be aware, our daughter left for Parris Island back in July.

Today I was cruising the Parris Island family support pages and came across this photo of our daughter leading her squad.

We are very lucky that this photographer just happened to be in the right place at the right time!!

Damn. I am so proud!

:banana:

Amandacropped.jpg

Which one is she? Is she the guide or a squad leader? You said she was leading her squad but everyone else was talking about the guide which are two different things.

brings back so many great memories!
glad she is becoming a Marine...she only has a short amount of time left and she needs to enjoy every minute of it.

What are you talking about short time left? They don't even have their boots bloused so either A. They aren't in 2nd phase yet or B. they got in trouble. She just left last month so I would say she isn't in 2nd phase yet although them having the flag on the guidon signifies that they are in 2nd phase.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
What are you talking about short time left? They don't even have their boots bloused so either A. They aren't in 2nd phase yet or B. they got in trouble. She just left last month so I would say she isn't in 2nd phase yet although them having the flag on the guidon signifies that they are in 2nd phase.

Depends on when in July she left....if she went @ the beginning of July she's over half way through. Then again boot camp was a long time ago for me....I know they adjusted the lengths of the phases for the Crucible etc. When I went through 1st phase was 2 weeks.

OP- congrats on your Warrior!! I wish your family her the best. Did she go in open contract or does she have an occfield she's going for?

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Which one is she? Is she the guide or a squad leader? You said she was leading her squad but everyone else was talking about the guide which are two different things.

The photo is from second phase. Grass week most likely, seeing as they're carrying squad cans. Recruits take them to the range to carry cleaning supplies, sight black, and other odds and ends for range personal to use to correct some issues that may arise with their weapons. Also that photo was taken by the Marksmanship Training Unit on PI. No name tapes definitely signifies that they have yet to reach firing week.

In regards to the guidon, they have a guidon from the start of training day 1. It's a first phase thing. Once they begin third phase they get a red guide-on with gold trim and lettering, as opposed to what she's carrying in the photo. In regards to when boots get bloused, that depends on the company SOP and when the Senior Drill Instructor feels the reward is suited.

Don't ask me how I know these things, I just work here :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread