Great Solution For Clutch Cable to FW Adjuster Spacer

mosconiac

Established Member
When I installed my ProMotion FW Adjuster and Quadrant I ran into the (common) problem of how do I center the stock cable inside the FW Adjuster...what kind of spacer should I use? I was thinking of creating a 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD aluminum spacer, but don't have the tools. Other FW Adj's allow you to use the factory rubber spacer, but it is too large for the ProMotion.

So one day, I was cruising the aisles of O'Reilly's and stumbled onto a Door Striker Rebuild Kit. It had some plastic "spacers" in it (the gray plastic peices installed on the door striker) that looked pretty close in size. So for $3.50 I bought 'em on a whim. I mic'd 'em and they were PERFECT.

All I had to do was trim one to length and split it so it could be installed with some silicone adhesive. Some trim the shoulder on the clutch cable to allow a spacer to be slid on, but for some reason I wanted to retain it.

Here's a few quick photos that will show what I am talking about.

Stock Clutch Cable:
SVTPClutchCable.jpg

ProMotion FW Adjuster:
SVTPFWAdj.jpg

Door Striker Kit with "Spacer" Trimmed & Cut to Length:
SVTPStrikerTrimmedSplit.jpg

Clutch Cable with "Spacer" Installed:
SVTPStrikerInstalled.jpg

mosconiac

Established Member
Can't tell you yet. I'm still installing mods so I haven't driven it (or even started it). Stieg-ported SC/PL/TB & JLT 12" CAI are going on next.

Users who are viewing this thread