Great start to a week *crash content*

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
So my week started off with a bang. Luckily I was the only vehicle involved (middle of the day on I-75 so it's very surprising to me), and I came out without a scratch. It could've been a looot worse.

So far just from a visual inspection the following will need to be replaced: both bumpers, catback, decklid (going wingless now that I have the chance), quarter panel, and side skirts, and the passenger side tail light. Not sure what they'll say about the wheels/tires because I'm pretty sure they were damaged as well, at least from a cosmetic standpoint.

Awaiting word from the insurance adjuster but can any bodywork people give me an idea of what they'll do in terms of painting? I feel like they'd have a hell of a job blending everything, let alone determining what was caused by the accident and what was already there in terms of paint damage.

Story: Merged onto the interstate, road was wetter than I thought and when I went to change lanes the back end got away from me. Been driving Mustangs for 7 years and never had a problem with hydroplaning until today. >:-(

accident01.jpg

accident02.jpg

accident03.jpg

accident04.jpg

accident05.jpg

accident06.jpg

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
that thing will be totaled. is it a v6 or a v8 swap?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Are you gonna explain what happened, b/c you know we're gonna ask after you posted pics w/no story.

I think it's worth saving just based on the pics, good luck.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Lucky guy. Glad you found a pretty soft area to slide into instead of a bridge embankment or worse.

Bloo

Established Member
Dang that sucks man, sorry to hear about it. Good to hear your okay.

This will make you thankful:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5zHxvKZF0&feature=player_embedded"]Nissan Navara 24.02.12 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Doesnt look too bad, but that rear quarter is gonna be pricey. They have to chop out the entire panel from the door jam to the drunk, weld in a new section, clean the joints and match the paint. I wouldnt be shocked if they totalled it. I just had the re-quarter replaced on my m5 when my neighbor backed into me and the bumper/quarter panel replacement ran close to 6.5k. 1,500 in parts and the rest in labor/tax.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
If you were a paint and body man this wouldn't be too hard of a fix. If you had the equipment and a nice size shop to paint in. Otherwise this is going to be expensive. Just take it as a chance to look even better than before.

Stevo151

Established Member
Damn Tedness that sucks... Sorry to hear man, but I'm glad your ok! I hope everything goes good tho, your GT "was" clean!

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
Doesnt look too bad, but that rear quarter is gonna be pricey. They have to chop out the entire panel from the door jam to the drunk, weld in a new section, clean the joints and match the paint. I wouldnt be shocked if they totalled it. I just had the re-quarter replaced on my m5 when my neighbor backed into me and the bumper/quarter panel replacement ran close to 6.5k. 1,500 in parts and the rest in labor/tax.
that's what i was thinking. if it were the front fender and everything i know it wouldn't be that bad to fix but since that's part of the unibody i know it's not gonna be cheap.

If you were a paint and body man this wouldn't be too hard of a fix. If you had the equipment and a nice size shop to paint in. Otherwise this is going to be expensive. Just take it as a chance to look even better than before.
yeah i'm gonna miss my 99/01 cobra bumper because IF they fix it i know it's gonna get the stock GT one again. however, i will make sure it's wingless this time.

you never had me, you never had your car!
lol its how i feel, even though there was no racing involved. i love that movie. now that i'm older it just makes me face palm at everything they say.

Damn Tedness that sucks... Sorry to hear man, but I'm glad your ok! I hope everything goes good tho, your GT "was" clean!

thanks man. yea i was definitely lucky to walk away without a scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread