"Green" BS

Roush97

Established Member
Has anyone else noticed that a lot of companies are advertising that they are making more enviromentally safe products or manufacturing processes? It is all great if they are but it seems that most are just using it as another way to advertise and say that they are better than their competition and to charge more. And how are we as the consumer supposed to know if they are actually using more enviromentally safe business practices? Oh well I guess it's just another way for big business to use consumer's consciences against them. Shell & Chevron are ones that I have seen advertising on TV a lot that they donate money or some crap to help clean up the enviroment. Oil companies are cleaning up the enviroment, ya right!

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
exactly, its a bunch of advertising BS, good to see other people can see right through the bullsh&t.....................(but I still buy their products!! LOL)

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
Subaru does it on their commercials too. They portray their plant like it's in the middle of a forest somewhere, with deer on the lawn! lol

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
u guys gota remember tho, most people are idiots... will believe watever they see on tv... i even had my dumb moments, thinkin that sandwich advertised was actually that big and tasty haha.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
you guys seen the new enterprise rental commercial? they talk about how they are planting trees to compensate for their environmental harm done, then they show some people planting PINE TREES! friggin pine trees! yea, thats a great way to replace them jungle trees that are getting cut down non stop, plant some pine trees! cheap asses.

aaandht

Established Member
Liberal hippies believe anything fed to them. Its alll Al Gore's fault....GO SCREW.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I just heard recently that this roofing comapany in my area is switching to moss roofs because they save energy. Sorry, but you're an idiot if you ever get a moss roof!

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Here you can buy "green" electricity, it's made the same as any other electricity but costs more. The extra you pay will go to developing green power in the future. Ya right it will.
On a side note, read an article today saying the UN climate change people have had to recant they're claim that 98 (or was it last year?) was the hottest year, turns out that the hottest year was back in 1934!

Users who are viewing this thread