Green Card Lottery - Signed up yesterday

Henrik

Established Member
Yep, yesterday was the day I signed my family and I(wife and two kids) up for the Green Card Lottery!

I stayed in Phoenix, AZ for three months back in 1995 playing golf. I was pretty good at it back then. I enjoyed living in the US so much that I´ve always wanted to move over, but a lot if personel things has kept me here in Denmark.
I have visited at least once a year, and I must say, I love you country, weather, possibilities and your hospitallity.

So yesterday morning I was sleeping in a bit, woke up and stated to reflect on things. This caused me to get out of bed and get up infront of my computer and sign up. Went downstairs afterwoods and told my wife, and she was all happy about it.

If our numbers are drawen, I´ll sell my business, our house, cars everything, get on the plane and we are off!:rockon:

The first thing we´ll do is find a decent house, not something fancy but something we can pay cash, then a 9 sec. all motor Foxbody (I really, really, really wanna start dragracing), an´03 Cobra and whatever SUV she wants. She wouldn´t have to work and I could hopefully find a decent job. Man, it would be a dream come true.

I signed us up for four years, so please wish us luck......I can´t let you have all the fun!:burnout:

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
Great! When i first visited the U.S I was 12. I can still remember how depressed and bitter I was on the flight back to London! Thankfully I had the opportunity to move to the States just a couple of years after that, and compared to my birth-place (Siberia) and England, where I spent just about 7 years, I can confidently say America is my favorite. Great country.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Viking, welcome to the U.S.:beer:

Keep us updated on how things are going.:rockon:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Good luck. I just got my wife her green card two months ago. It was a long, hard journey through the USCIS bureaucratic system. It was worth it though.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good luck ... but we don't let people over here who have their priorities all screwed up ... you need to get the cobra first, THEN the house, THEN the foxbody and THEN something for the little woman to drive .. until the there are always taxis ..... LOL!

Seriously ... good luck ... I don't know how it is in Denmark but I know that after two years in Germany we were VERY happy to get back to the good ol' USofA where we could go shopping after 8 at night LOL!

Floof

McDoof
Established Member
you get my respect for trying(and hopefully getting) to get in this wonderful country legally. What states are you looking at moving to if you win?

Henrik

Established Member
Narcosynthesis said:
Good luck. I just got my wife her green card two months ago. It was a long, hard journey through the USCIS bureaucratic system. It was worth it though.

Congrats to you! Good to hear things fell out positively.

Henrik

Established Member
RDJ said:
Good luck ... but we don't let people over here who have their priorities all screwed up ... you need to get the cobra first, THEN the house, THEN the foxbody and THEN something for the little woman to drive .. until the there are always taxis ..... LOL!

Seriously ... good luck ... I don't know how it is in Denmark but I know that after two years in Germany we were VERY happy to get back to the good ol' USofA where we could go shopping after 8 at night LOL!

Hahaha, you are right I might have to reconsider the sequense of my priorities!

Thanks guys! I´ll bring Scandinavian at least one Scandinavian little lady!:D

I am leaning mostly towards Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale - AZ, but I really like San Diego too. Houston I belive would be good workwise. But I am pretty sure that it will be the Phoenix area!:beer:

UCBeau

Scottsdale is really nice, my dad owns a few apartments in that area. San Diego is cool, but I'm getting ready to leave here after living in town for 20 years.

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
I too wish you the best of luck. I know a guy (with a family) who have lived here on visa's and tried so hard for citizenship, but are being told to go home(South Africa) in January and he's the hardest working man I know. Plus he pay's all taxes and abides by the law. Meanwhile my tax money is paying for some illegal b!tch to have her 18th kid.

You're doing it legally and that is perfectly fine by me. I hope your family's "dream" comes true.

Last edited:

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Thank god, you're not another... Eh, nevermind, I like being able to post here.

Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread