Gridlife

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Runnning Time Attack with Gridlife this weekend. Weather will be in the 50-70s most of the weekend with no rain in the forecast, yet. We'll be running at Heartland Park, which is my 'home track'. I've only been there twice this year so looking forward to getting back out!

The cool thing, we're running the Grand Prix configuration with the fast 8/9 section. Should be seeing some really high speeds! We normally run the bus-stop going into 8/9 with other organizations. Here's the layout:

Fast 8.png

Being the Gridlife Finals, there will be some big name guys there with stupid fast cars. Definitely looking forward to seeing Feras' C6 in action. Feras ran a 2:03 at COTA this year for the Super Lap Battle. I'll definitely be out-powered, out aero-ed and probably out-driven...but it'll be fun! Gridlife's classing rules doesn't play well for a vehicle without a VIN, I'll be running in the Unlimited class.

Feras' C6:

Feras.png

Feras 2.jpg

Gridlife will have live commentary throughout the weekend if anyone is bored and wants to see some cars release pollutants into the atmosphere. Link:

LIVE:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How many laps did you make? Will the tires fire up eventually? Is the track green?

8 laps, was at 40 degrees in every corner . Felt like I was in a drift event.

Started sprinkling, I packed up and am grabbing tire warmers for tomorrow.

Feras just smoked any chance I had haha Ran a 34.8

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Is Cable there with his car? I dont think his TT Viper is ready yet. I cant wait for that thing to get on the track, a TT Viper + sequential + more downforce than stock ACR. Should bring a fight to Feras' TT Vette.

MFE

Established Member
Is Cable there with his car? I dont think his TT Viper is ready yet. I cant wait for that thing to get on the track, a TT Viper + sequential + more downforce than stock ACR. Should bring a fight to Feras' TT Vette.
Last I saw, he was in Indy

MFE

Established Member
Runnning Time Attack with Gridlife this weekend. Weather will be in the 50-70s most of the weekend with no rain in the forecast, yet. We'll be running at Heartland Park, which is my 'home track'. I've only been there twice this year so looking forward to getting back out!

The cool thing, we're running the Grand Prix configuration with the fast 8/9 section. Should be seeing some really high speeds! We normally run the bus-stop going into 8/9 with other organizations. Here's the layout:

View attachment 1763539
I always hated the "bus stop" configuration. They introduced it to make it slower/safer but in my experience it upset the cars more and resulted in *more* spins.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I always hated the "bus stop" configuration. They introduced it to make it slower/safer but in my experience it upset the cars more and resulted in *more* spins.
For some reason that section really upsets the car.

HPT is a fun as hell track. I would trade it in a heartbeat for any CO tracks.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hopefully the warmers will help. What times were you running?

Best I could do was a 46 and I was allll over the place. I ran a 39 last year in this configuration.

It's not terrible, but the fast 8 definitely flows better!

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First off...Feras' Corvette is perhaps the fastest car I've ever seen in person. on a racetrack. The amount of power that thing can put down is incredible. Truly awesome to watch.

It was a 3-day event. Saturday was freezing in the morning and then turned to rain in the afternoon. Like an idiot, I didn't bring tire warmers or anything. I was struggling to run a 1:47 and stay on track, so frustrating. Saturday morning I was able to use the tire warmers and it helped some...but was battling a brake issue in a few corners. It was really strange, because it was the same corners every time, and they weren't even necessarily the hardest braking corners.

After bleeding the brakes multiple times we realize the pads were getting knock back. Before the 2 corners they weren't catching, were high speed corners hitting that I was all over the curbs. New pads coming this week.

No way was I going to be able to have a chance at 1st, Feras was 7 seconds faster than everyone, but I really wanted 2nd. Nicholas Gardner in his aero-d GT500 on slicks was in my way. He's an avid Gridlifer and goes to every event. Super nice dude. Well I went out in my first session and knew I needed to run a 39.0 or better to secure second. I ran a 1:38.969 and came into the pits all excited. My spotter checked pressures, came to the driver window and said "good lap, but that mustang got you by 0.035.

On Sunday you only get two sessions. By the time I got back out on track after checking pressure, they'd already thrown the checkered and I couldn't get another flyer in. We went and ate lunch, checked tire pressures, shot shit with everyone on the paddock for a couple of hours. Being the 4th fastest car on the weekend (3rd in class, 4th overall) I was due to grid 4th, right behind Gardner in his GT500. Neither Feras or Jackie Ding (that kid can freaking drive) went out, so we gridded 1 and 2. I came through 13 on the warm up lap and slowed down to gap enough space where I knew I could catch him. We went out and both ran 39s and then I decided to string two together and go for it. He started letting off so I kinda dived him on turn 3 and had to compromise the line in order to get past him at speed. I missed the apex in T6, but other than that it was a clean lap. I was watching my lap timer the whole lap and kept seeing green so I knew it was going to be a good one. When I crossed the line with a 37.9 I was pumped. Moved me into 2nd on the weekend.

Here's my fastest lap of the weekend. Probably 1.5-2 seconds slower than what I could have done if I had just trusted the brakes.

227178.jpeg

blk02edge

Established Member

Pfffft, up tire pressures and drive harder pussy

*won't insert smiley emoji to take the edge off my semi sarcastic post*

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pfffft, up tire pressures and drive harder pussy

*won't insert smiley emoji to take the edge off my semi sarcastic post*

Feras ended up running a 30.

He came through T14 with a predicative 27.6...but overboosted, cut ignition for 2 seconds, and still ran a 31.2.

Mindblown.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Couple of cuts from the livestream Saturday. Viper got some attention, even though I was slow Saturday haha

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great read I’ll watch the vid later.
Nice job Nick
And that Vette might be legit but I can’t stand the front splitter.
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great read I’ll watch the vid later.
Nice job Nick
And that Vette might be legit but I can’t stand the front splitter.
-J

You're gonna be sad when you see the Viper next spring then haha

Users who are viewing this thread