Griggs SS vs ST vs TT

MichaelFreedman

Established Member
Howdy,

I've done quite a few searches on this topic but have really not found much. I am currently building a 2009 GT500 with some specific goals in mind. I have quite a bit of experience drag racing but it's been quite a while since I built a street car. This car will see some drag racing, some autocrossing, but MOST of the driving will be on the street. I'm not afraid of a small increase in NVH but I am looking for Corvette level handling or better. I am somewhat concerned with ride height due to the fact that I live in Massachusetts and the roads are awful. In the current configuration I just don't like driving my car as much as I should and I'm willing to do what it takes to get it to where I want to be. I have the horsepower that I need, 700+ rwhp, the trans mission is a complete 1200hp trans done by GForce with semi straight cut gears. I'm running on Super Snake wheels and don't plan on putting anything else on there. There is a possibility that I will widen the fronts and more the 10" to the front and go with 315s on the rear.

I have purchased the Griggs SS kit with Watts link and vari shocks, but before installing it I am now considering upgrading it to the ST or TT. I like the aluminum drop spindles in the TT kit and all that goes with them. The MAJOR question I have, is there anyone who has gone from the SS to either the ST or TT kit? If so, was it a dramatic improvement on the street? If I go with the TT kit, it will still be with street shocks and springs as I don't want too stiff of a ride. As you all know it is a substantial investment. I am willing to make it but want to make sure that it's really going to get me what I want. I'm not interested in any of the other kits out there. I've had good luck with Griggs in the past and will stick with them. Is the NVH unbearable with the SLA front suspension? I will not run solid motor mounts, so that should help some. Again, the transmission makes noise, and the tq arm will add some, but if the front is obnoxious I probably would rule it out unless it is so much better than the strut setup.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have read a lot of posts talking about each kit, but not really one comparing them. Thanks a bunch,

Mike Freedman

cobraboss

Established Member
You could call Don Rositch at 804-397-9745, he use to work for Griggs and raced for them. He now lives in Richmond,Va. and his shop is Mustang Don's Garage. Website is Mustang Don's Garage. Hope this helps. Tell him that Tom told you about him. He is also on Facebook and their is albums of his work. My 69 is there getting the GR-350 suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread